Friday, July 28, 2006

TGIF....

I am home! YAY! Nothing like your own bed and your own bathroom. Your own couch and TV doesn't hurt either ;)

Camp was camp, and that is that. I will tell you that... Seth was the bad boy at camp! LOL! Wild man is really starting to exert a very strong will! I tried taking him to the 2 to 5 year old children's church. He was the only one refusing to do Farmer in the Dell, b/c he was hitting the poor child next to him! Then, it was story time, but beofre story time they were singing Deep and Wide... my child was the one who raced up front and was tearing down the story diagrams off the wall, while the rest of the children were nicely doing the hand motions! Ack! Needless to say, we left early.

I was embarassed, but Nate helped remind me that he has really only been exposed the church nursery, where it is do as you please. He hasn't really had structure yet. I am going to start putting him in the 2 yr old sunday school class at church, and hopefully that will start to help.

And it really doesn't help that Seth is a hitter. He strikes out when he is mad. So when we got home yesterday I pulled down my Dobson's Dare to Discipline book, left over from my Childhood Ed days in college. I think once I am done I am going to look into Dobson's Strong Willed Child.

Nate and I are pretty firm, and we aren't pushovers. Its just that Seth has a better idea... LOL, all the time!

While I was away I had 2 new things released at The Digi Chick! Check them out!!


Little Miss Me is a shabby and feminine kit, perfect for the darling girl in your life! This kit is inspired by a shirt in my closet, and I had fun creating the whole sabby chic ensemble. Included in Little Miss Me are 9 textured papers, 3 satin ribbons, 3 tags, 2 buttons, 1 beaded flower, 1 embroidered flower border, 1 stitched flower circle, 1 shabby and distressed frame, 1 glass element, and 1 set of bobby pins. Also included is a full shabby and distressed alpha and numeral set.

You can find Little Miss Me HERE.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Cozy Posies are knit flowers designed to bring that extra special touch to your page. Touchable textures are a trend right now, that you don't want to miss out on! Included in Cozie Posies are 6 knit sweater flowers.

You can find Cozy Posies HERE.

Nate is already gone back to camp, and I am home alone again with Seth through Sunday night. Hmmm... what is for dinner tonight, and what chick flick am I going to watch? :)

TGIF friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea your kit and flowers are beautiful! I love the colors of the kit. Simply wonderful.

I have a very spirited little one at my house as well. Zoë just turned two. The books that have helped me the most so far are: "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" and "Raising Your Spirited Child." Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! You're home and Camp 2006 is OVER (well, for you anyway!!)
My Jack had a TERRIBLE hitting phase! And it's over now, so know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Anonymous said...

I bet you're glad to be home!! Strong Willed Child is suppose to be a wonderful book. I have yet to read it myself, but the ladies at church who have recommend it. I can't wait until you tell your fam the news. It's very hard to keep a secret like this from them! Only a few more weeks!! We got our info about Homecoming last week Jerry actually wants to go! He called me earlier from work this week and asked what days he needed to take of for that weekend. I was so happy! So we will be there for sure! I think we are going to stay the The Country Hearth Inn. It seems to be the best place we've found besides the B&B, which is a little too much for us right now. Do you think you will be going? I hope so. Hey, did you know that Rosalind is getting married? Mark purposed on July 4th and they are getting married September 23rd in the virgin islands, St. Johns I think. How exciting! Have a good weekend. Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

Love the new kit! And I am glad that you are back! I think that seth and Tyler would get along perfectly. They would both be getting into mischeif together! :)
Just letting you know I might not be on for a couple of days. We are having all kinds of trouble with our connection. I just managed to get matt to let me use his satelite connection from his work computer to hop on here for awhile. So don't think I am skipping out on you or anything! ;)