Sunday, August 26, 2007

So Much....

So much to talk about! I haven't really even had a chance to sit down and write anything out! I have a feeling that the next few weeks are going to be insane.

First... house hunting. Well, we saw about 15 places in a 24 hour time period. They started blending together at one point. We became just overwhelmed with our options and choices. See.... the church itself is trying to sell its Parsonage. So we have decided to just move into that temporarily, just to get to know the area and take our time. We can't afford what the parsonage is going for, so that's not an option. But now we have peace of mind that our stuff has an address to get dropped off, LOL!

Second~ My birthday was Thursday. I'm a ripe 26... err... plus 2, LOL! Thursday was "OK." It was kind of a normal day, what with Nate having to work, and me finishing up some designs. You know you really like your job when you can work on your birthday and not mind!

I got a really pretty cushion cut garnet ring and 2 books I've had on my list forever. The Art of People Photography by Bambi Cantrell and Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Bambi's photography book is just stunning! I haven't had a chance to sit and read in depth, but her work inside is stunning and inspiring. I already have an idea for a new Burns' family portrait at the beach in a few weeks.

Third~ we started packing on Saturday. All of my walls are bare. My living and dining room are 80% packed. We literally have 2 weeks from Tuesday till we move. Deep breath Andrea, it will get done. I really abhor packing, this is torture to me. My mother in law is coming over tomorrow to help pack. I'm giving her the kitchen.

Believe it or not... but since people have heard that we've moved, my photography business has boomed! I've had 2 shoots in the past 4 days, and 2 more scheduled this week. I really rocked a male senior shoot... he looks like a rock star!

And that's about it! Here is a new layout from me.... Yummy.


Credits: Andrea Burns B&W photo action and Sticker Alpha, ScrapArtist Dude papers and painted stars, Lisa Whitney's Chalked Full of Fun's dotted border and swirl, Sausan Designs' Lil Jake's twine, Chere Kaye's Sequin Posie, Shabby Princess French Countryside alpha, Vera Lim Messy Glitters. Font, Susie's Hand.

Journaling reads: So delicious and delectable, I just want to inhale you.

Thanks for looking, and thanks for stopping by! :c)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! A few days late, lol. Love the layout. Good luck on the move. I abhor packing too.

Monique said...

Good luck with the house hunting! Happy belated birthday! And love the colors and photo in that layout! Have a great day!

20Birds said...

awwwww, you dregw me in with the layout. love it, wonderful, tfs...and house hunting...uuugh, but once yoeu get past all of it, contracts, moving, packing... a new nest to make your own and build memories in

Anonymous said...

gorgeous layout! i completely understand your feelings about packing! eck! it's awful! anyway, good luck with the house hunting!

Diane Rooney said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Best wishes for smooth move and well done on the new photo shoots.