Friday, August 10, 2007

Photo Tip Friday~ Strike A Pose

The position of your subject also makes an impression. A casual, comfortable seated pose is popular with kids. Ask your subject to try different poses: hands in and out of pockets, silly and serious faces, or have them try standing and then sitting. You may need to try a variety of poses before you can capture the right shot; just keep it fun!


In the above picture I counted to 3 and the girls jumped as high as they could. We took this picture 4 or 5 times to get it just right. Sometimes you also have to direct the pose... I wanted their arms higher and their faces more expressive, and this final shot got it all just right.



In this above picture of Seth, I had been taking snapshots all morning, and he was being pretty serious the whole time. All of a sudden I asked him what "his mommy face" was and this is the reaction I got.

The below pictures illustrate changing the poses. This little girl was pretty laid back, albeit serious as well. I liked the standing pictures, but she was still a tad stiff, so I asked her to sit.



She clearly looks more relaxed, and loosened up to let me capture the above.
You might also notice the different angles used on the above 2 pictures. A slight tilt or looking down (or up) on a subject can also mightily change the pose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank thank you love your friday tips.
~Tonie