Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Space....

So I have joined the My Space ranks. I tried to hold off, I really did.

I actually signed up a year and a half ago, but then my email was flooded with creepy old men asking to be friends with me. One even mentioned he was just a couple towns away. So that deterred me, LOL! But then my High School 10 yr Reunion had a group, and I had to log in to see it.

Lo and behold, how fun was it to look at the few people in the group! And then I found the Toccoa Falls group, and just started adding friends left and right. Next I wandered over to some of my digi-scrap and photog friends, and slowly my small group is growing.

This is a neat concept... let's just hope that the creepy old guys stay away!

Speaking of.... I don't think I had mentioned yet that this year is my High School class of 1997 ten year Reunion. I got my little info packet in the mail a couple weeks past. I actually can't wait to go. High School was so awkward for me. I was the band nerd who liked art (really? ME?!?!?) and I had some acne. I'd like to think that I turned out OK, so I can't wait to see some of these folks again.

Not only is that happening, but 2 weekends after that is my College's Homecoming. I haven't been back since we moved here to PA, but I've already made arrangements this year. This year is the 100th birthday of my college. 100 years ago, Dr Forrester bought 100 acres and a hotel, with only $10 in his pocket and a promise. In the last 100 years, there have been 2 major fires, and of course the famous flood in 1977. My parents were in school at the time and were friends with everyone who perished. Anyways, I really wanted to be there for the 100th Birthday bash they are throwing.... so TFC buddies~ I'm coming! Can't wait to see you there!

Which leads me to my birthday. I turn 28 in a couple weeks. Yikes. 28. That is mighty close to 30. Nate and I are still living very tight financially, so I doubt that I'm really getting anything. Last night I told him that I wished the sky would open and $250 would fall from it, and then the little birthday fairy could stand at the edge of my bed with the new 28 mm Nikon lens. He laughed and said that its really the IRS fairy at the end of the bed beckoning for more dough.

Why is it that everything I want is so expensive, LOL! There are a couple lenses I'm dying to have (the aforementioned 28 mm, and the 85 mm). I'd also love some seamless paper, and a table top mixer.

(sigh)

Someday, I guess.

Happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

debsdesignz said...

Well, congrats on finding so many friends! :) I use Facebook, very similar to MySpace, but much safer! I love it! I have caught up w/so many college friends that I probably would've never talked to again w/out this thing! Anyway! Have fun at your 10 year reunion & your TFC birthday bash! :) I know what you mean about everything you want being expensive! The main thing on my list right now is a Nikon D40!!! :) No way I can begin to afford it! Good luck getting your new lens! :) Have a great day!

Kelly said...

hehe! Myspace is pretty addicting once you get started finding people! I also use Facebook, but still like Myspace since it was what I originally got used to LOL...

And good luck getting that lens! Those are on my list right now too... If that fairy comes to visit you, send her my way also! (not the IRS guy though, please haha)

Kim said...

Hey I'm on there too. It is quite addicting and annoying at times, but it is nice to catch up with people you havent seen or talked to in a long tiem, that's how I found Jenissa again!

Anonymous said...

Only 28, I wish I still was that young LOL
Hope you have fun at your reunions, and expensive gifts, well that only means you have good taste ;-)

Anonymous said...

You have a new friend request on myspace...a new place to see your great stuff!
My 10 year is next year....It does make you feel old

Theresa said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of MySpace!! Oddly, I get creepy young kids with lots of tattoos and piercings wanting to be my friend... I'll trade you!

Brittany said...

Did you know Katherine K.i.r.k.? (Sorry for the privacy periods, lol.) She went to TFC, but I'm not quite sure about the years or what her major was.

And yay for myspace! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're going to Homecoming! Will it just be you or the whole fam? I think that we are going to stay at the Country Hearth Inn again. It's going to be so much fun!! Have a good rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

And I just sold my 28mm on ILP this week!

Rachel said...

Oh wow...we must have graduated the same year, lol. I also just turned 28 on July 1st...I feel OLD! lol...MySpace is fun as long as you are careful and you follow all of the common sense internet rules! I've re-met a ton of people from HS. It's pretty fun!