Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's All Worth Just That Moment....

Motherhood can be very frustrating. Especially right now in my life. A very busy toddler boy, and an almost-5-month-old who loves to cuddle. All the time.

But, we have been so crazy this past month... Seth literally has been away from his father 3 out of the last 5 weeks. Not good. There are discipline issues and acting out issue we are trying to resolve.

So in all the craziness, and all the frustration.... it was well worth it, for Seth to climb in my lap willingly at breakfast, and just sit content and stroke my jaw. For a little boy who idolizes his father, this moment just filled my heart, as they are far and few in between these days.

And speaking of moments that make motherhood worth it.....

There is nothing better, I repeat NOTHING BETTER, then going to get Lucas up from his bed in the morning. His whole body just fills with joy, and he laughs out loud and giggles with joy at seeing me. He starts to kick into the air, and when I pick him up he bites at my shoulder to show me his love.

I look forward to that part of the day, everyday.

***************

I haven't shown any pictures for a while, so here you go....



It looks so nice to be able to play... and then snooze....



LOL! In this picture Lucas has rolled out and away from his little play gym and underneath his crib. He was calling for help when I found him like that!



And in this picture.... it makes me a bit sad that I see a whole lot more "little boy" than baby.

What moments make your motherhood so well worth it?

9 comments:

shopaholic said...

Hi Andrea

I came across your blog from DigiChick and am pretty new to digital scrapbooking and I'm probably hooked onto it.

I've downloaded your sample kits and I love them!

I've 2 boys too, yeah, don't they just make us laugh and boy, they do grow up fast!

Angy said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet mom moments. And what beautiful pictures of your boys!

The sweetest moment of my days right now is...at least once a day I let my 5 month old son snooze on my chest for a little while. And while he snoozes I put my mouth and nose on his sweet, fuzzy head and just breathe in. I can't describe it but to say it brings me total peace. =)

Theresa said...

Awwwwww!!!!! You two make BEAUTIFUL children! We don't have enough of those "worth it" moments around our house some days, but it really only takes one to erase days worth of broken screens, tortured dogs, messy rooms...

MEI said...

What beautiful pictures and such sweet thoughts. My little one is 13 months, and my favorite mom moments are hearing him laugh as we play peek a boo and when my DH tickles him. I love the sound of his laughter.

Kresta said...

Love it Andrea! And the photos are gorgeous! You're right, Seth is looking a lot like a little boy now. I look at my kids and don't know how it happens so fast.

My "worth it" moments are when my kids tell each other, or me or dh, "I love you" just out of the blue. Or the other day, Wes (almost 4) looked me in the eyes, rubbed my arm, and said we're bestest friends. And Claire (2) gives random kisses (anytime throughout the day and anywhere -- leg, shoulder, cheek, etc.) all the time. Love it!

Sara said...

Andrea, you have two of the cutest little guys (even though Seth is becoming less little, and Lucas for that matter!).
My motherhood moments are:
1) Coming home from work and I get the tightest hugs around my neck and I pick them up and hold them tight.
2) Reading stories at bedtime and how they will interact with a story or act it out, it's adorable :)

Lynette said...

I have to ditto your best moment of the day... I actually scrapped a page about it I think... gettin gmy 11 month old out of bed in the morning is the absolute best part of any day! He is happy and smiley and everything else a mom could want!

Andrea said...

I am a faithful blog stalker but this one was too precious to pass on commenting.

Being a SAHM to two small kids of my own and watching a friends 6 month old 4 days a week along with jungling summer life as youth staff volunteers at our church does seem to spin life into a whirlwind. My husband does a video ministry at our church so he has been gone a few weeks this summer up at camp and on a missions trip serving so I know all to well how you are feeling. But, it's that sweet "I love you mommy" my 4 year old daughter whispers as I tuck her into bed at the end of a very long day, the big hug my 1 year old son gives me to greet me in the morning and the huge smile I see on a 6 month olds face when his mommy/daddy brings him over each morning. That makes it all worth it!

Anonymous said...

your photos are amazing as always. and i agree, it's good we have those little moments every now and again to remind us why we love being a mom.