Thursday, August 16, 2007

New On This Thursday.....

Have ya'll heard about the earthquake that happened in Lima, Peru last night? I hadn't told you all this... but my middle sister Alicia is there right now! My parents just called to say that she was able to call them and tell them that she and her husband are fine, and are trying to get a flight out.

My dad was a missionary when I was a little girl, and we lived near Pucallpa, Peru for the first 5 years of my life. We moved back to the states when I started Kindergarten. Well, my sister Alicia was born there. She and her husband were just there for 10 days on a short term missions trip through their church. When we lived there 23 years ago, my dad built a little brick house. Apparently Alicia and her husband were able to follow my dad's rough map, and find the house! Isn't that cool!?!

Anyhoo, today was the day their team was scheduled to come home, but now we aren't sure what this earthquake means, if they'll be delayed or not.

****************

Thank you for all of your words of encouragement yesterday. I really appreciate it. Ya'll are very right. We will make new memories in our new home. And its not like we'll never come back here. It is on the way when we want to come visit Nate's family.

Last night was a little sad. At the end of Nate's lesson he told the kids that were there, and there was an awkward silence. One kid asked where we were going, and another asked why. We just said we were following the Lord's Will, and we had to go where He led us.

****************
There is some neat new stuff at The Digi Chick this week! And imagine... I have a couple things... LOL! ;)


This is the second volume to All That Glitters, expanded and improved! This pack is the perfect pack to add some sparkle and interest to your pages. use a little, use a lot, either way these are perfect!

Included in All That Glitters are 13 glitter splats and 8 glitter strokes. Not all are shown in the preview.




What a messy brush pack! Use these as brushes to layer paint like splats on your page, or use them in overlay mode to simulate water splats on your layout. Either way it adds a fun effect.

Included in Splat are 10 splat brushes in .png form. Not all are shown in the preview.

Get Splat Here

Guess What??? It's Homeroom Time!


That's right - the TDC designers have come up with a kit that just will knock your socks off or at least inspire you to create some really rockin' school layouts! This HUGE kit is on sale for a limited time - so make sure you go to the store and check it out now!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

  • 75 different elements from ribbons to paper clips to metal hardware and more! There are so many elements that not all of them would fit on the preview!**
  • a set of 8 different school wordart elements
  • 2 brushes
  • a special exclusive font designed by Darcy Baldwin called "Chalk It Up"
  • 48 different fun papers for you to create thousands of layouts with! **(note: the letters A, B & C are elements, not a full alpha)

Get Homeroom HERE

Here is my layout I created using the kit. You don't have to solely use it for school pages!


Other credits: Beads and beaded stars from my Wild Rumpus kit. Darcy Baldwin's Crimped Alpha, and Jacque Larson's Fun Frames.

How cool is that wrapped ribbon?!?! Emily Merritt just put out a whole element pack of them in addition to the few in the Homeroom kit. Check them out!

7 comments:

Monique said...

I'm glad you hear your sister's ok, it's always so hard to be far apart when things like that happen. I hope they make it back ok.

As for the new products, wow! Looks great! Have a great day!

Diane Rooney said...

Oh how scary! Glad your sister and her family are ok. Peru! Wow! What an amazing place to visit. Will be thinking of your family and pray for their safety and for the people all affected! btw thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I'm quite new to DST and it's good to make some new friends! x

Stephanie said...

I'm glad your sister is alright! I totally understand about the Lord's will and doing things you might not want to do. I'm just learning that really! Thank you for posting that!

20Birds said...

i pray the Lord will use them mightily while they are delayed there

Unknown said...

So glad your sister and hubby are ok! Must have been scray for everyone.

And your new products look wonderful.

Kirstie said...

I heard about the earthquake and am glad your sister is ok. Some great new products there and I just love your LO, the kids look so cute.

Anonymous said...

Wow, scary news, i'm glad to hear that your sister is okay though!
Congrats to you and Nate on the new appointment. I'm sure that although you are leaving a lot behind, you'll have so much to look forward to.
Lucas is getting so big!!! I love his new hair do and the new pic with Pooh bear.
Miss you!