Thursday, February 02, 2006

White Balance Experiment


I was shooting some pics of Seth in his nursery yesterday afternoon... and I was starting to get frustrated. As you can see in the before shot, the pics had lots of orange in them, even though I had it preset to Shade +1. Well, I was doing some of his laundry at the same time, so his crib mattress was bare... and white. So I decided to preset my white balance for the first time, using his crib mattress! LOL! And it worked! As you can see in the 2nd photo, the tones are much more natural. These pics are Straight Out Of Camera.

I have my second Ritz Camera class tonight, and its about Imaging, how to achieve the perfect exposure. I am really hoping it does me some good, because I am still not too confident in fully manual. Even when my light meter reads perfect, the pic still seems under or over exposed... so I still have learning to do.

Seth is fine... yesterday morning was a freak thing! He spit up some as a newborn, but yesterday was the first vomit incident. And since then his appetite is way down.

OOH! Big surprises coming your way from TDC!!! Just wait! There are going to be some big events that are going to knock your socks off! I know that when TDC staff found out, we were all geeked... so I know you will be pleasantly pleased!

And lets talk about being dated for a second. Am I really starting to get old? We played the Baby Got Bible video last night for Youth Group... and only 1 other girl thought it was funny. All of the other kids were like "huh? why is this funny" I guess you had to grow up with the Sir Mix A lot version to appreciate the new one.

In closing, I'll leave you with a couple more nursery shots, this time a bit of my magic added, LOL!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about "dating" my brother and sister are so clueless to things that I thought were the greatest things. They just think I am odd.lol I know what you mean with white balance and exposures. Even if it says it's perfect sometimes it isn't. I have been shooting in Raw a lot more just so that I can play around with the things that aren't looking right. The pics are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pixs. Aaaaa...what a tease about TDC. Tell, tell, tell! Guess I'll just be tortured by the wait :)

Hom74 (karen)

Margie said...

Those are amazing photos! When I saw the first one I thought to ask what filter you used! Then I read on :)
I am way beyond dated LOL

Sinead said...

TAG! You're it!

Sinead said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

gorgeous shots, andrea! i love the ones with his hands on his face!

Paul said...

Nice photos! It's fun to experiment with photography.