Friday, February 10, 2006

My Creative Team!

I am completely cranky right now. My new flash diffuser came in the mail, and I want to test it out, and have a photo session with Seth. I also want to do the whole Professional set up and use my Stroboframe. (For those of you non-photogs, a stroboframe is an arm attachment that puts your flash up higher, thus more natural light, and a BIG plus, is that it swivels the flash vertical, when you turn your camera vertical.) Last time I saw it was over a year ago. In the spare room closet. Sitting with my photography bag. Now its not there. And now I’m cranky~ Where could it be? So I called Nate and we preceded to argue. He says he didn’t move it, why would he? (Well for one thing, his out of season clothes hang in that closet, along with his Sunday Suits, so he is in that closet so much more than me.) Why would "I" move the Stroboframe from the rest of the photography stuff?

Maybe the baby has taken it and hid it supremely well (could it be sitting next to the 2 cereal bowls I also can't find?)

So now my photo session of the day is ruined. B/c by the time Nate comes home for lunch, its time to put Seth down for a nap, and by the time he gets up the good light is gone. I wanted to shoot pictures today!! Arrg.

And I am typing this in Word, b/c blogger seems to be down. Already my Friday is not boding well.

Well I did it. I put together my Creative Team. Let me tell you, I think I have an ulcer. What a painful ordeal! I had over 40 applicants, and I wanted, no needed 15 of them!! Bt I painfully whittled it down to 8 wonderful gals. I based a lot of my criteria on a few things. First, I looked at galleries. I thought to myself, do they use their photography well? Is their style like mine, or is it different enough to showcase my work in another light well? Then I looked at their application, and enthusiasm played a HUGE part here. Were they excited to apply for my things? Did they really want to work with my art?

That left me with 12 wonderful ladies. For hours (I swear!!) I stared at that screen wondering if I could get away with 12 gals. But I realized, I’d probably be losing money that way, giving away more than selling, KWIM? So I looked at whether or not they were already on other teams. The less teams, more time to promote my stuff right?

I want to THANK everyone who applied. There was so much talent in that InBox, I was just amazed. I want to encourage you to keep enjoying this art, and that if I didn’t pick you, in no way means anything personal. I thank you for applying, and I hope to continue to see you and your work in the galleries!

So without much Adieu, here is my Creative Team.

Aggie Aviso, aka aggietha
Amy Koyle, aka abbysmommy
Angelina Schwartz, aka angelinas
Melanie Colosimo, aka lemonyr
Melissa Rose, aka hkrose
Niki Wallace, aka nwallace
Traci Branscum, aka traciinreno
Tegan Coffman, aka teggie

Be sure to poke around their galleries, there is some fabulous stuff in there!
Don't forget!!! CHAT TONIGHT!!! 9pm at The Digi Chick!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea I am sorry you are already off to a bad Friday. Hopefully it's a little bit better now since it's almost 4.
I can't wait to create for you!! So looking forward to everything!!

Anonymous said...

I'm ready, too! I see a list of ladies here that I know are going to inspire the heck outta me. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ladies!!!

I hope you need more CT in the future, I really would like to make lo's for you. :)
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Congrats Andrea - glad you have such a stocked team!!!

Shannon Bieger said...

Congratulations on a fantastic team Andrea!! I'm expecting to see great things happen for you this year! You definitely deserve it!

Aggie said...

I just browsed the CT's galleries (except mine), and I was soo inspired already! Im so honored to be working with such a talented and promising designer and awesome people :)

Thanks for making my day Andrea! (and I hope your day isnt that bad anymore after the chat :D)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've put together an amazing team Andrea. Congrats! I can't wait to see what they come up with.