Friday, February 10, 2006

Saturday Ramblings...



~Isn't that picture so funny? Such a masculine thing for Seth to be doing...LOL! I play the Flute. Did you know that? I have played for 16 years. I have played in concerts in London, England, Giant Stadium, Disney World, and given a few concerts in the Biltmore Estate. I currently lead a small Flute Ensemble at my church of 8 gals. OK, back to the picture. A couple weeks back I had been practicing an especially difficult piece for church... and had been practicing all week. Seth decided to imitate mommy for a minute(I'm so proud, he's even holding it to the right side, LOL)~ and now I have blackmail.

~Apparently everything "woofs". Nate had Seth in the basement with him feeding and checking on the frogs. (Nate breeds poison dart frogs) And as Nate opened a cage, Seth lunged to grab the little guys going "woof woof". Crazy Kid.

~Seth is really into annoying Sadie lately. Pushing his trike into her, repeatedly.. pushing his Lego's box into her, repeatedly... LOL! He just laughs and laughs, so I let him keep doing it, because there is nothing more magical than my son's laugh.

Thanks for coming out to the chat last night! At one point is was insane~ over 300 people... you almost brought down the site and store, but it was all good! If you thought last night was fun~ just WAIT for the reopen March 3 & 4! CRAZINESS happening then.

I still haven't found my stroboframe. My house and attic has been torn apart, and nada. I am really irritated. Where could it have gone? Did someone take it? Why would someone take something like that? It just so happenes that I got a B&H Photo and Video catalogue yesterday, so I looked up a new stroboframe... (sigh)... its going to be at least $100 to replace.

I also realized that it wouldn't be quite so expesive as I thought to start my own photog business... I saw that they have seamless paper backdrops for like $25! Of course, the lights would get me at about $500 or more... but its something not so quite out of reach now. Anyone have experience with the seamless paper? Tegan?

Alright... off to watch some Olympics! Ice Skating baby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL about getting a catolog yesterday from B&H. So did I. But I haven't had time to look at it yet. ACK. Should I? I might go crazy.hehe Crazy as it sounds, but right now I use fleece. The no-pill stuff from JoAnns. I think I got it on sale for $3. a yard. But for now it does the trick until I actually get around for buying real backdrops. You can also look on ebay! A lot of times they have tons of great backdrops!

I love the picture of Seth with the flute!! My mom plays the flute! And the picalo(sp) but not as much as the flute. I am musically inclined except for singing and the piano. I have had my guitar for ummmm. 4 years now, and still only know how to play twinkle twinkle.lol

Anonymous said...

Hugs & Love to my beautuful friend! This place looks great and I love what you have done in here :)

Anonymous said...

So is there anything you can't do!!! Wow, you are inspiring!! So wish I had taken up an instrument in junior high!! Sigh!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know, if you can find a local source for seamless paper you would be MUCH better off. That stuff is HEAVY and the shipping is usually double to triple the cost of the actual paper!!! Yikes!!