Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Batter Up!

I love to cook. I love good and tasty recipes, especially easy tasty recipes. I came across this recipe last year, and just last night got around to making it. It was really good!!! Seth gobbled it up like there was no tomorow!

Oatmeal Pancakes

1 c milk
2/3 c quick rolled oats
2/3 c all purpose flour
2 TBS brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp vanilla

In a small saucepan heat milk until hot; remove from heat. Stir in oats. COver and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a med. bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in center of flour mixture (for liquid ingredients).
In a small bowl stir together eggs, oil, vanilla. Add egg mixture and oat mixture all at once to flour mixture, stir until well combined.
For each pancake, pour about 1/4 c of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet. Cook over med heat, about 4 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown, flipping once.
Serve with warm maple syrup or Strawberry-Orange Sauce.
makes 8 pancakes

Strawberry-Orange Sauce

In a small saucepan stir together 1/2 c orange jiuce and 1 tsp cornstartch. Cook and stir over med heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 min more. Stir in 1 c sliced strawberries, 1 tsp honey, and 1 tsp butter or margerine. Makes about 1 cup.

As for dinner tonight~ I have a new recipe going in my crockpot called Easy Brunswick Stew. If it's any good I'll share tomorrow!

4 comments:

TaniaJPS said...

Hi Andrea! Sorry to leave this comment at the top of your blog but I wanted to get ahold of you.

Are you still accepting applications for your CT? I had downloaded your work and last Thursday my server crashed and we have been working on getting me up and running since then.

Your links are both expired. Could you open a link to your work so i can create a LO for you?

Let me know at taniajpsscraps AT hotmail.com - THANKS :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds so very yummy!!!!!!!! I am not a huge breakfast in the morning person, but I love breakfast for dinner. Maybe I will try this!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe...sounds yummy...

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I bet my Andrew would love these. Thanks!