Monday, February 06, 2006

Catching Up....

I had so much fun this past weekend! I haven't been skiing in 3 years, but you would never have known that, LOL! I kept my record, and didn't fall once... OK, it's really just a record of 2 trips in a row, but I didn't fall! YAY! We went to Peek N Peak in New York and stayed in a beautiful condo. I thought I was going to kill Nate, right off Sat morning, as we first got our gear on and headed to the wrong lift. We didn't realize it was the wrong lift till we were on it and were above all the black diamonds and upper intermediate hills. Did I mention I hadn't been skiing in 3 years? I really wanted to refresh myself on the bunny slopes and hit lower intermediates first... ahhh.... no such luck. It took us 3 ski lifts and 457 heart attacks before we found our way back to the bunny slope. The kids we were with had a good time, and I was really impressed with how well some of them did right off.

Nate and I are now talking about getting all of our own equipment! We are so close, and we both love it, so now we are doing a bit of research on skis and such.

I did pretty good being without my Little Man for the first time. I only called home 3 times, and every time Gramma said that Sethro was just fine. Apparently that was completely true, because when we came home, he would have nothing to do with me.

I am heartbroken over this! I am always his favorite! However yesterday he reached for Daddy, then back to Gramma... and just willfully ignored me. This has painfully extended to this morning, and he is still favoring his dad, and not wanting me one iota. That really hurts!

I have some neat news! We all know that The Sweet Shoppe opened last week, and I was happy to participate in opening day by purchasing a few kits. I picked up Sara Carling's Funky Phresh, Christy Lyle' s Only You, Sweet Mindy's First Blossoms, and the Designers Quarterly. Well, unknowingly I was entered into a raffle, and I got an email from Robin telling me that I won the big prize of $50! To anywhere I wanted! I was so psyched! I never win anything! So I requested to split up my prize, and I went $40 towards Amazon.com and I kept $10 for The Sweet Shoppe.

So last night during the superbowl, I went shopping! I spent it all, and bought PS CS2's One Click Wow, a Flash Diffuser for my SB600, and a book by my one of my fave authors.

The book is Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. I love Jodi Picoult! If you want a great read, I suggest ANYTHING by her! This new book is her latest in paperback, and I am so excited!

OK, I better close, as I have probably lost most of you by now. Here is something I want you to see.... and I hope to see all of you there! Come say Hi!!

5 comments:

Darla said...

Andrea - what a great time you seemed to have - I have to admit I am living vicariously through you...haven't been on the slopes in almost 100 years....but glad you are safe and home with your son. Can't wait to Friday's chat to "formally" meet you and the other girls at TDC. Love the mega kit. Take care - Darla

Anonymous said...

so cool about winning the prize. i know what you mean about never winning anything!

ps - thanks for listing 'big bibles' too - hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are back!!! And you had a great time on your ski trip!! Sounds like tons of fun! I would probably be falling down everytime I got up as I have never been!lol
How cool is that you won $50. I have never won anything either!! But congrats on the win!!!
Oh I will make sure to check out TDC this week!! The kit looks sweet!!

Anonymous said...

OMG Andrea it is soo funny that you mention Jodi Picolt because it just so happens that we got her newest book delivered to our apartment today. The tenth Circle. It's not out yet but my boyfriend did the illustrations in the book, one of the main characters is a comic book artist and this book incorporates comic book art and novel. My boyfriend is going on tour with her in the spring on the west coast leg of the book tour. Jodi is sooo AWESOME, the sweetest person and funny and soooo smart and talented!! Keep your eye out for it ;)

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how you like the book one click wonder. I have another book by him and love it and would invest in this one as well. Let me know what you think.