Friday, December 01, 2006

December 1st! Already?

I had an impromptu photo shoot with a 2 yr old girl the other day in our local park. She was a model through and through, and I had NO trouble whatsoever with her, she was super easy! The last is my friend... she's dating the little girl's father.










Nikon D70s, 50 mm, F2.8, various shutter speeds.

I had my 24 week appointment a couple days ago. I've gained 3 lbs, and blood pressure was great. HeartBeat of baby Bean was 162 bpm. I swear, this nurse presses the HB monitor right on top of him, this is twice in a row, where it just about hurt getting it....

I complained to my OB about how exhausted I've been, and how I just can't seem to catch up. So she sent me in for a blood test to check for Anemia. So we'll see how that turns out. Other than that, everything is right on track. My fundal height was 25 cm, so about a week ahead.

I went to the lab yesterday to get the bloodwork done and met a woman who had 1 week old boy/girl twins with her. She also had a 22 mos. old daughter at home as well. Wow! You know she'll be busy later! We got to talking about introducing the siblings for the first time, and how she's dealing with a bit of jealousy from her older daughter. I guess its all stuff for me to look forward to.

Seth is really making leaps and bounds lately. He is doing really great with stringing together 2 or 3 words, and he loves to sing! Whether its a commercial on TV, or Sesame Street, or when I sing the Alphabet or Jesus Loves Me with him, he tries so hard to sing along. LOL! Sometimes he sings the right letter, or like this morning he surprised me with singing "YES!" at the right time in Jesus Loves Me. But most of the time it is garbled nonsense. Its the right pattern and cadence, and for that I'm proud. Seth has always responded well to music, and its turning out he has quite the ear for it.

Gramma is coming today and taking Seth for the weekend. She's going to visit my sister-in-law and my nieces and nephew, and thought it might be neat to bring cousin Seth to play. They also have plans to take in the town's Christmas Parade and such. I trust Gramma wholeheartedly, I've left Seth with her for the weekend before... but I'm still a bit nervous. I've never sent him away, know what I mean? He'll be fine! I guess I would be a weirdo if I didn't worry a bit though, right?

I head into work tonight, but it's only for a 5 hour shift. It'll be a good one, because its with my favorite funny and laid back manager. The cold and precipitation that hammered everyone in the midwest is moving this way, so I need to start being more careful on those back country roads.

TGIF!

5 comments:

Angelina Schwarz said...

Gorgeous photos, Andrea! Glad everything seems to be going well with the pregnancy. Try to get some rest!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous pics, Andrea! I so wish you lived closer; would love to have your special touch on pics of my kids.

Mattea turned 3 just 6 weeks before her twin brothers were born. It was really hard on her because I was hospitalized for two months with pre-term labor. So she saw the "brudders" as intruders from before they were even born.

We handled it by tell her that she was MY baby and they were HER babies. She would need lots of help from me and daddy to take care of HER babies, but we would be happy to help.

She really adjusted amazingly well. To this day, she still is protective over them. They are hers after all.

Anonymous said...

I saw these photos on 2Peas and thought they were adorable. She's quite the little model!!

Shannon Morrison said...

Andrea, Can you contact me? I'm from Babycenter march 2007 and wanted to see if you could help design my Christmas card. thanks! shannonmorrison@gmail.com

Kimberly said...

Great pictures! What a cute little girl.