Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday, Here We Are....

This morning I am beat. It's 10:30 am and I'm wondering when I can get a nap in, LOL! The sad part is, I've only been up for an hour and a half too!

Friday we had an event at the church for the Youth we call "Friday Night Live." Basically it is an open gym with basketball. We set up the lounge with a screen and a projector and they play video games. We have a room set up with foosball and air hocky table. And another room that is the "coffee" room, where there are board games, and this week, we had Home Alone playing on a TV.

Friday Night Live is one of the ways we are tryong to teach the Youth about Outreach. It is set up to be a non-threatening way to introduce friends to church. We don't ever do a message or anything. We just have hopes that this is a way to get them in the church and to feel comfortable. And then, hopefully see them again for Youth Group or at church later.

In years past it has been really well attended. We're talking between 30- 50 kids. Yet for some reason this year, it is just not. We only had 10 kids last Friday night. And only 5 the time before. Frustrations aside, Nate and I think that we are just going to give the even a break for awhile. I guess the novelty has worn off. Its alot of set up and upkeep for just the 2 of us (and MOSTLY Nate) to run.

Saturday I worked my LAST Baby Gap shift. Say it with me.... YAY! I had to be there at 7 am, which meant I had to get up at the un-godly hour of 5:30 on a Saturday morning. All of the stores opened at 8 for the day, but for some reason there were a couple stores like Gap and Nike that opened at 7.

Except, we didn't see a single soul till 9 am, LOL! AND, there was nothing to do, since there was a perfect close the night before. Even though I hated getting up so early, it was really nice to get off at 4 pm. I still had the afternoon and evening with my boys at home.

I ended up taking advantage of my discount and bought some nice things for Seth & Bean for next winter. So they can match.... (say it with me.... ) AWWW! LOL!

When I got home I had gotten my Secret Sister reveal from a dear mommy-friend of mine. I belong to a private mommy-board, where we have been very close for 3 years now. We had been doing this Secret Sister stuff for an entire year, with Dec. as the reveal month. My lovely friend Tara was my secret sister! (I had my lovely friend Sarah. It was so nice to buy girly things every once in a while, LOL!) She packed my box with so many goodies! Chocolate covered Oreos, a Willow Tree figurine, the softest afghan imagineable. So nice! THANK YOU TARA! I know you stop in from time to time. I really appreciate everything Sweets! ((HUGS))

That night Nate and I watched "Its a Wonderful Life" that night, and it was just as sentimental as ever. I LOVE that movie! It just isn't Christmas without it. I was struggling towards the end to stay awake, but I managed to get it all in.

Sunday morning during our Sunday School hour was the Children's Christmas Program. Being in the 2 year old class, Seth marched up the isle with everyone, and stood on stage briefly. He clapped during their song, and surprisingly stayed still! LOL~ I had visions of him jumping in the baptismal! We had practiced him saying "Merry Christmas" ("merry kiss-kiss") for his stage debut, but he ended up not getting any mic time. Thats Ok, LOL! Next year! He was still oh-so-cute and he seemed like such a big boy!

Sunday afternoon Nate and I were busy cleaning our house and baking goodies for our Youth Group Christmas Party that night. I made my Cake Balls, a Red Velvet/ Cream Cheese/ White Almond combo. (Another THREAD HERE.)I thought they were good, but they weren't Nate's favorite. I also had some italian sandwich rolls. A couple other families contributed, so we had pull-apart pepperoni bread, various cookies, chips, and such.

We played the White Elephant gift exchange, or also known as Evil Santa or Chinese Gift Giving. We really had a great time! I won a $10 gas card and some M&M's. YAY!

All of us in the Burns' house got to bed late last night, but we all stayed conked out till 9 am. Fantastic! No plans today. Just rest and relax, LOL!

Welp, that book I just wrote was my weekend, LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Awww, I'm sorry your Friday Night Live isn't the event it used to be. It does sound like the perfect way to get kids to join in.

I may be the only person on the planet who just doesn't like "It's a Wonderful Life." Never have. And I can't tell you what it is about the movie that bothers me. Don't get me wrong, I love a good story and I ADORE old movies, but this one doesn't do it for me.

Yay for your last shift at work! Good for you! Enjoy these last couple of weeks of the holiday season.

Linea & Brian said...

My name is Linea and I hale from NC. I found your blogsite through a friend's. I am a wife, mother to 2 (another due in May), business owner, homeschooler and Christian. I have never met you but I love your site and your pictures! It is awesome to see women of God use the talents that God has given to them. Keep up the great work and feel free to visit my site.

Linea
http://the-gwynnes.blogspot.com/

Paula May said...

It sounds like you had quite the weekend. I remember when I was a teenager, going to events like Friday night Live. Its too bad that they are not as well attended as they used to be.

You have a very nice site! :) I clicked on your link at The DigiChick to your blog.

Lena Brandenburg said...

Yay for last shifts!! And hooray for It's a Wonderful Life...on my Christmas movie to-do list for the week :)

Sharon said...

Congratulations on working your last day! That is always such a nice feeling of completion. Hope you have a nice holiday.