Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Tag....

Thanks to Stephanie, you get to read 20 Christmas things about me.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate most of the time, but I don't mind some Egg Nog close to Christmas. It's been a while though!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Gifts must be wrapped! And "Santa Gifts" only come wrapped in Santa Paper! All other gifts are in regular Holiday paper.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Red and white on the tree, red candles in the windows, but white lights on my galrnads in the house and on the icicle lights outside!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? The first weekend in December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberry Sweet Potato casserole.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. Just the whole anxious to get everyone up and get Christmas morning going... LOL! All 3 of us girls had to get dressed and wait for our parents to call us out to the living room. Then we'd spend the day together as a family playing games or watching Christmas movies. Of course the Christmas feast too!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I must have been 8 or so... But I didn't mind. I kinda liked the idea of helping my parents keep the secret with my younger sisters.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not as a kid, no. But I am thinking of starting a tradition with my own family... maybe new jammies to open on Christmas Eve?

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We picked out a gorgeous Douglas Fir and we have a vintage and crafty/ country type theme going on. The vintage are the old blown glass ornaments, and my crafty are some cross-stitched religious themed scenes ornaments that my mom made when I was a kid, then when I got married I made some for our tree. I really need to do a few more, LOL! I have some various ornaments I've picked up from the stores that I like, whatever catches my eye.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! Well, till about Valentine's, then I'm ready for signs of Spring.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes! Not great or anything, but I can stay up and not fall the whole time, LOL!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid, it must have been my Pillow Person "Baby".... she turned out to be my lovey for the next 15 years... LOL! (Sssssh... I still sleep with her when Nate's out of town, LOL!)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with loved ones and making their faces light with joy from their gifts.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mincemeat pie and my family's 100 yr ood recipe for some GREAT fruitcake! We make it at Thanksgiving, and it takes the next month to age well and taste sooo good!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We really love our candlelight Christmas Eve Service. I love watching the Holy Family walk up the church isle during an acapella "Silent Night" to only candle light.... As for a family tradition, I love to make Christmas Bear cookies! (coming soon to a bloggie near you, LOL!) And I hope to start the jammies tradition this year....

17. What tops your tree? A hand-blown glass angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Can I have a few? Silent Night, O Holy Night, and Mary Did You Know. While You Were Sleeping by Casting Crowns gets me every time too!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUMM if they are the cinnamon kind.

I'm supposed to tag some people now. How about: Kimberly, Val, and Jenn! (LOL Jenn! I think I always tag you... LOVE ya girlie!)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

:) I think this was actually a fun tag. It's neat to read what other families do for the holidays. When we have kids, I've been planning to incorporate the pj's on Christmas Eve gift too. It's a neat way to have cute pj's for Christmas morning pics. :) Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! it's getting closer.

Theresa said...

There are cinnamon candy canes? Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I love anything cinnamon! And thanks for making me feel special by tagging me! :) You need to remind me to actually do it when I get home from my trip though! LOL