Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Milk Lumps & Batteries.....

Thank you everyone for such nice and endearing comments! I LOVE my blog comments, so yesterday was such a treat. You are all more than welcome for the gift... I really should try and do those a bit more often!

Monday morning we all slept in till about 9 am. It was great, and long overdue! As soon as we got up, we got ready to go. See, Seth's face finally was without any stitches or bruises or scabs... LOL~ ya'll know what that's like. Anyways, we went to the Mall to one of the Picture Peoples and had his 2 yr portrait finally made. I am really pleased with how they turned out.


I am not big on props, but I thought the wooden motorcycle was really cute, and it was classy. I hate their plastic props! Sorry the scan isn't the best. His cheesy half-fake smile makes Nate and I bust out laughing... its great! And his lip is barely noticeable!

I'm really hoping that this is the year I can invest in some backdrops and some lights and do some of this stuff myself. We'll see! I've been pricing what I need over at Alien Bees, and it is going to take me a while to save up. It doesn't help that I am a bit confused to what I'll need, LOL!

After the photos, we rushed home, because Nate and I had this District Pastor and Pastor's Wive's Christmas Banquet, complete with Christmas Family Fued. It was alright... we ususally tend to be the youngest ones there, LOL!

Next, we picked Seth up from the family watching him, and was home by 8 pm. Looong day.

I had a terrible night's sleep. We went to bed as usual around midnight, but I didn't fall asleep till close to one. I had to get up and p.e.e about 4. And then I was wide-eyed awake around 6:30 (Bean was having a party!). I finally fell sleep right before Nate's 8 am alarm went off.

(sigh)

That was my day Monday, LOL!

Oh! Photog related that made me feel good, LOL~My friend that I took photos for, the little blonde girl in my Dec 1st entry? Anyways, she took them to Walmart to get printed out, and they hasseled her about whether or not they were professional, and was she "sure she had permission to print them out" and such! YAY! LOL! They finally let her, but it made me feel good!

Yesterday was another hair raising day. Our dryer quit working, so I have all this laundry on the floor downstairs, and I had a full load of clothes drying in various places around the house. The Fix-It man is coming today. I got all of my Christmas Cards addressed and mailed. Then last night Nate and I wrapped up all of our family's gifts. While that happened an important stack of Nate's papers disappeared. He had just brought them in from his meeting.

He spent the next half hour or so looking for them... and mind you this was after Seth went to bed. I couldn't help but giggle. Anyways, he found a few interesting things. One... he found the GROSS sippy of milk in the entertainment center. It had been there for a while. Both of our nasal passages are clogged at the moment, so we never smelled it. Nate certainly got some good whiffs pouring the "Lump" down the drain. ICK!

Next, we found out that YES, Seth is indeed trying to burn down the house. Nate opened the oven, and found his papers in there... along with a new pack of batteries I had just bought at WalMart. Can you imagine, had I turned that on? BOOM!

Lesson of the day.... check your oven before turning it on.

I slept really well last nigt, but this morning I find myself very cranky. Nate ate the last Apple Struedel Pop Tarts for breakfast this morning. The ones I started craving last night, and totally had plans to eat myself this morning. I get up this morning... waddle downstairs.... and empty box and wrapper. Meanie! He doesn't even like them! Doesn't he realize what this does to a pregnant woman? I had to settle for oatmeal...

And now I'm waiting on the Fix-It man. Also~ my mother in law is having the hardest time finding that Little People Ramps Around Garage for Seth's Christmas gift. We are both so disappointed. Neither of us can find it in stock anywhere, and of course it's twice the price on Ebay.

10 comments:

Shawna said...

Ewww we find yucky sippy cups too, I think my girls like to hide them in their room so when I clean it I find them!

And Seth is getting to be quite mischievous! He is definitely all boy LOL! I'm usually the one in our house that leaves pans hiding in the oven & then forgets to take them out before preheating the oven!

Jody Knapp said...

Walmart must have just had photo training or something because that happened to a friend of mine out here too. But she actually is a prof photographer but she was just doing pictures for a friend for no charge but she had to sign the release any ways.

Your photos have been looking so great lately. I just loved your Christmas card!

stace said...

did you check walmart? I bought the same one online there a week ago.

Pam said...

OK, so I'm a bit late on the OMGosh those snowman ornaments are the cutest! I just love that idea, wish my guys hands weren't so big now! ;) And thank you sooo much for the bloggie bday treat! It's great!

Sorry about the pop-tarts!:(

We had a similiar sippy cup experience when my oldest was 2, except he left it in our bed and it leaked! I was pregnant without a stuffy nose and couldn't sleep in my own bed! LOL!

Theresa said...

Gross... lumpy milk is the worst. Sorry to hear about your trouble sleeping. I had horrible pregnancy-induced insomnia. I feel for ya! The portraits turned out incredibly cute!

Amy Covey said...

EWWWW - lumpy milk in sippy cups is the worst!!

The photos really turned out good. I'm in the same situation...ready to start saving for some Alien Bees and equipment, but no idea what I should actually get! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebie it is awesome and the ornaments are sooo cute...I will be doing those this weekend...

Anonymous said...

ToyRUs.com has the garage AND it's on sale for $29.99.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2299124&cp

meems said...

Cute photos, that wooden motorcycle is a great prop.

I just love finding the old sippy cups lying around. Not.

Oh my about the papers in the oven!

Joy said...

I love the pictures.. so cute.. I bought a motorcycle almost like that one for my son and his boys.. I will have to tell him that he needs to do a photo of them ... how cute.