Friday, December 22, 2006

3 More Sleeps....

Let me tell you, its been a crazy house here the past 15 hours or so. Last night Seth had a fever, but he seems to feel much better and is acting fine this morning. So "fine" in fact that he has leaked pen ink on my carpet and spilled bath beads all on top of that. Nate will be home for lunch, for the day! That is what I keep telling myself, LOL! The Carpet Shampooer is his baby, so Nate gets to tackle that task.

We also have to clean the house some, get all the laundry done, pack, and I have to get in most of my baking. Tomorrow we head to Nate's family's to have "Christmas" with them. Then Sunday we leave and are driving the 6 hours to spend the Holidays with my family in Maryland. Complete with an 11 pm Christmas Eve service.... yeah. Umm... we'll see how that goes. LOL!

I will be without Internet Acccess, so tomorrow's post will be the last for a week or so.

This LO was done 2 or 3 different times! I think I finally got it, LOL!

Michelle Colemen Merry Little Christmas, lace, and beads. Nancie Rowe Janitz Frosty Flourishes, Holly McCaig photo negative sleeves, photo tab, sequins, and word tags. Susie's Hand font.

Journaling reads: It was our first family trip to the Christmas Tree Farm.. We had such a good time! We loved looking at the trees and when Seth spotted this one, he declared loudly, “Nice Tree!” We knew it was ours after that. And you know something? He was right! It was the right tree.

As for my baking, I'll leave you with 3 of our Holiday Treats. These are soooo good!


White Chocolate Chunks

1 bag- 2 bags white chocolate morsels
1 bag straight pretzels
1 bag peanuts
1 bag raisins

Double melt white chocolate on the stovetop (or melt in microwave). Mix in remaining ingredients, until evenly coated. Spoon out onto wax paper to cool.

note: You may not need entire bags of pretzels, peanuts, or raisins. Do break the pretzels you use in half.


Special K Fruit Cookies (my fave)

2 c. self rising flour
2 sticks margerine
2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 c. flakes coconut
1 c. chopped nuts
1/2 c. raisins
4 c. Special K cereal

Beat sugar and margerine until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Mix in coconut, nuts, raisins, and cereal. Drop by measuring tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.


Fudge Nut Bars (Nate's fave)

1 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp soda
3 c. oats

Filling** double heat on stovetop

1/2 pack of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. sweetened condensed milk
2 T butter
1 tsp salt
1 c. nuts
2 tsp vanilla

Mix well, spread 2/3 of oatmeal mixture in bottom of PAMed 13x9 pan. Cover with chocolate filling mixture. Dot with remainder of oatmeal mixture and swirl over filling. Oven 350 minutes, approx. 20-30 minutes.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, those both sound so wonderful!Have a very wonderful Christmas, Andrea!

Unknown said...

I was just writing to let you know I love all your stories and pics. I loved your Christmas layout paper and stuff. I bought it and used it for some Christmas cards. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Wowie!! LOVE that layout Andrea!! Happy baking today, I think I'm going to do some too!

Anonymous said...

I love your layout! Merry Christmas!