Monday, December 04, 2006

Seth's Christmas....

I went into work Friday night, and they actually trained me on register! Wahoo! So I'll get a break from folding every now and then. I also get to hand in my 2 week notice this coming Friday. Double Wahoo!

I went in Saturday to work a well, but we were a bit slow, for Saturday Standards, so they let me come home early. I pounded out some Christmas shopping, and I only have a couple things to get to be finished. Seth and Nate are DONE! I just have to finish my dad and mom.

Then Saturday night, Nate and I took some of the Youth Group to go see The Nativity movie. It was pretty darn good. For the most part it stayed fairly acurate. There were a few creative liscenses, but nothing that really stuck out terribly to me. Except One thing. In the field on the night of Christ's birth, a Heavenly "Host" appeared to the Shepherds. "Host" meaning choir or army, and they sang Glory to His name. In the movie, it was just one angel who appeared and said "Do not be afraid." Huh? Anyways, We liked the movie, and besides the one part were very pleased with it. We recommend it! :)

Seth was away with Gramma this weekend playing with the cousins and taking in a Christmas Parade. I missed him! Friday night was OK without him, but the mornings were weird! Getting ready for the day with silence from his room was really sad for me. It was so good to have him home. It never fails though..... I was thinking of taking him for pictures (we STILL haven't gotten his 2 yrs done, DARN stitches) but he hit his eye and scratched his eyelid pretty bad on the pack and play. Guess we'll wait some more, LOL!

Seth is having a pretty nice Christmas this year. I am SO excited. He still doesn't "get" Santa, but I am anxious to see his face at all the goodies that he's going to get!

From "Santa"~ He's getting the Sesame Street Sing and Giggle Toolbench and accessories.






From Mama and Daddy he's getting Fridge Phonics, The Cars DVD, a Bob the Builder Workshop thing (see my Nov 14th Entry) 3 Bob the Builder trucks, 3 Cars movie cars, a Nemo Coloring pack, and an outfit.





From Nana and Abuelo, they are getting him the Fisher Price action sounds trike.



And from Gramma and Grampa, the Little People Ramps Around Garage.

I have no clue what the aunts and uncles are getting him, LOL! I stuggle with wanting to buy him more... but he doesn't need any "more" and I really shouldn't spoil him....

I'm excited! We are decorating the Christmas tree today, and getting the house all Christmas-fied. We are doing something new this year and actually going to a tree farm to cut down our own tree. Usually we just headed to Lowe's a picked out a pre-cut, but not today! YAY! Should be fun.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Going to the tree farm is one of our traditions. You'll love it! :) We are late in the game this year because of our vacation, but I can't wait until this weekend to go "tree hunting." :) Have fun!

Theresa said...

I'm glad to hear you liked The Nativity Story. I'm planning on taking Mattea this weekend.

Just wait until next year if you're excited about Seth's Christmas this year. Being 3 this year, the boys totally "get" Christmas and have been singing Christmas carols for weeks now. And, they're FINALLY wearing the reindeer antlers I bought them two years ago and the santa hats. So stinking cute!