Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy First Day of Winter!

A couple weeks ago I was asked to speak to the Women's Group that also meets at church on Wednesday night. They wanted me to speak about my dad's ministry when we lived in Peru, the first 5 years of my life. I spoke on my Dad's ministry, my mom's perspective, and some of the memories I had.

I typed up my notes and shared pictures and a piece of pottery I had. It went well! I think I'll share those notes with ya'll soon! LOL!

I was also able to give Pam her 3 ornaments last night. She had also asked me to do some photo restoration so I was giving her back her frame and originals at the same time. Then I handed her the gift of ornaments. She looked really confused. Her husband (who knew what I was doing) walked by and stopped to see. As soon as she saw the first one, the one of her kids as small children, she burst into tears! She continued to cry as she looked at the other 2, and of course I got all teary eyed. Her husband is a big guy, and he's deffinitely ALL MAN, but he even got emotional! It felt really good to touch her heart that way. I just felt so aweful when I realized that she lost all of her ornaments in their fire. They didn't even want a tree this year because of their lack of ornies.

She looked at me and said that this was the best Christmas present ever. She said she didn't care if she got another gift this year, this was the best thing she could have gotten. Of course that choked me up even more!

Here's a picture of the 3 Ornies I made her~


Snowflake Photo Ornies


Supplies Needed: Glitter Snowflake ornaments from Target. 3 inch flat glass ornie, 3x3 inch photo, decorative ribbon, some small rhinestones. Diamond Glaze Glue for gluing photo to glass, and I used Gel Medium to glue everything else.

Just assemble as seen!

Happy Thursday all! I have so much to do! Make a run to Walmart, and maybe start some baking so I'm not doing it all tomorrow.... the list goes on....

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Those turned out beautifully, Andrea! And it sounds like they were more than appreciated. It was such a sweet thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Those look great! I know you made her Christmas this year. Hope all is well! Heather came home last night. Yay!! :)

Sharon said...

That was so nice of you to make those for her. And they turned out absolutely beautiful!

meems said...

That's a very touching story about the ornaments. And the ornaments are beautiful. I'm sure they'll be treasured for a very long time.

Paula May said...

Those are beautiful ornaments! And that's awsome that you had the experience of living in Peru and sharing in your Dad's ministry! :)

~Melissa~ said...

I would love to hear your Mom's perspective on life/ministry in Peru! Your Dad's too but being a woman... I like hearing the wife's perspective. lol

That was really sweet to do those ornies for that family. They look gorgeous. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas with your families!

Lena Brandenburg said...

Those are beautiful! :)