Friday, December 08, 2006

A "Hairy" Thursday Recap....

Morning friends! We got 6-7 inches of snow yesterday and last night. There's a couple flakes floating in the air right now, but for the most part its fairly clear. Everything looks beautiful though!

Yesterday I was sitting here in front of the computer... and all of a sudden I smell something burning.

Afraid that Seth plugged in my hair iron, I went to the bathroom... but it wasn't on, and no smell.Man! It stunk like hair though!

I walk into his room, and the smell is very strong. Now I'm afraid, because there is something very wrong here.

My Kid, turned on his side table lamp, the one that has been there since before his birth, and knocked it to the ground. The 40 watt light then BURNED through the lamp cord it landed on, AND put a big black Burn in my CARPET!

Now his special story lamp is broken.... and my carpet is destroyed. I couldn't do anything but explain to Seth he can't touch the lamp, because now its broken and the carpet has a boo boo.


See the melted wire?



I guess it could have been worse.... Much worse. I am really thankful that I found it in time. I tell you what though, My heart raced and it stunk like burned hair for a couple hours after. At the time it also knocked out some power to the house, and I had to have Nate come home and fix it for me.

In the afternoon, Seth and I made some really cute snowmen ornaments. Super easy, and I just know that Nana & Gramma will love theirs.

Finally it came time to go to the salon. It was sooooo time to cut!

Before the salon.......



And 5 to 6 inches later.... LOL! So not the best pics of me but....



I'm dealing with "Oh-my-word... my hair is short" syndrome this morning, LOL! I LOVED how it looked yesterday, and I am HAPPY I did it, but this morning I am mourning just a bit. I need to wash and style myself. She curled it a bit, so I bet it looks a tiny bit longer when not curled. I am LOL at the "You look younger" compliments. I actually did it to look a little more my ripe age of 27! I thought my long hair was making me look young... and with my preggo belly..... LOL!

I've already been called off work for tonight. All that snow means hardly any business. I guess I'll turn in my two weeks tomorrow!

I made a couple tumblers for Christmas gifts yesterday. All the ladies in my family got one for either mother's day or their Bdays, and apparently, a couple men felt left out! I didn't figure the tumblers to be manly... but here we go!

For my Dad~
For my brother-in-law~


TGIF!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new hair cut! I think it looks great and I love the layers. Those tumblers are very cute in a manly sort of way. I'm sure the guys will love them. I'm so glad your lamp episode wasn't any worse than it was, too!

Carla

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great! Good move for the cut. I let mine grow out when I was carrying Henry and when I saw a photo of me and Jack, I gasped at how young I looked. So it was off to the stylist for me!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love your new hair cut!! It looks really good. I think you look your age, not younger. I've let my hair grow out (bangs and all) and think it's time for a cut as well. The longer the hair, the younger I look. This one gal at work thought I was 20!! Yeah, like 7 years ago. Anywho, sorry about the lamp and the carpet. But at least it didn't burn the house down. Take care and have a great weekend!!

Angelina Schwarz said...

Andrea, your hair is beautiful!!! And, oh how SCARY with the melted wires. Thank God, it was just melted carpet. You are right, it could have been so much worse. We had something similar happen once...except it was Ben and Annie trying to use a lamp to melt plastic Yu-gi-oh cards! :O

Theresa said...

That is so totally scary, Andrea!! It freaks me out to read that because I was born without a sense of smell. I shudder to think what would happen if that had been my house.

LOVE the hair cut! It makes you look so different. It's amazing how a hairstyle can transform the face!

Terri said...

WOW I love your hair! Glad I found your blog too!I even think you could have went a wee bit shorter (gasp) but one step at a time eh! I am in need of a cut and 'style' lol. Be thankful it didnt burn your house down!

Terri said...

wow we have alot in common! Funny. I have a 15 month old, been married for 4 years, I am 28....self taught everything....was going to be a teacher, but now a stay at home mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the new hair cut! The lamp thing freaked me out! I went and checked all the lamps and chords in the kids rooms just to be sure (I am such a worry wart as it is). So glad you caught it in time!

Emilie said...

Love the hair cut!!! Great choice !!

Kimberly said...

So glad you caught the lamp mishap, before it got worse.

And the hair looks great.
I love the tumblers!

Lena Brandenburg said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! Your new 'do is super cute...sorry 'bout the rug, btdt...sadly! :)

Stephanie said...

Your hair looks super cute! I tagged you on my blog...sorry. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the new hair cut! It looks so flattering on you! :) And omg, the lamp thing. Sounds like something Tyler did not that long ago himself. And burned right through our carpet. We could have died when we saw it. Thankfully it wasn't worse for you guys or us for that matter. Scary how things like this that you would never even think about could do some serious damage!

We went to the outlets, stopped by baby gap just to stop in and make sure you weren't there! Hopefully we will get to meet sometime soon! :)