Thursday, December 27, 2007

Santa Came to Town....

Christmas was good here in the Burns House. Santa found us regardless of our move, and I had the BEST time watching the boys and their new toys.






Seth got the Autoblox Mini's, My First Batmobile (along with a My First Batman & MF Superman) a remote control car, a shake and go airplane, candy land castle game, ratatouille dvd, iPlay Rocket (this is SO CUTE!) and some other odds and ends and dvd's.

Lucas got the Sing and Go Choo Choo (the whole line!) a build a bear workshop Koala bear, his first Rumble Truck, a stroller tray toy, and a few other small things.

They both got a big ole wagon too.






Santa ended up leaving a letter thanking Seth and Lucas for his cookies, and told them to check the basement ... so we went downstairs, and the train table greeted them. Seth's excitement was just palpable, it was great!



Christmas Day was so funny watching him go between the 2 floors playing and alternating the toys.

I of course got my China Hutch, and under the tree was my black iPod Nano and armband. I also got my tradition of Rochere chocolates, and Nate surprised my with my own red space pen (LOL!) and a customized Starbuck's GC.

Nate got a bunch of PS2 and PSP games, some camping gear, a couple new shirts, and some gourmet coffee. It was a great day!

My Christmas dinner went fabulously! I still needed to work out my timing a bit. Everything was ready, except my beans took a bit longer than I thought.

****************


Yesterday was my mom's birthday, so we took her to the mall and we ate at Cheesecake Factory. Cuban Sandwich's all around.

So, get this....

My sister also came over for mom's Bday lunch, and we BOTH needed a pair of black dress pants. So we all go to the Gap, where they are having a great sale.

I've been a nice size 6 since the summer with all of my running, but b/c of my foot and the holidays, the 6 was too tight so I wanted the 8. There were no 8's out on the floor.

So in the dressing room I ask the saleslady to bring me a pair from the back, and she does. As she's handing me a pair of size 8, my sister comes toward the dressing room and asks the saleslady to check and see if she has another pair in the back for her, also size 8. The saleslady finds them, and hands them to my sister, who goes and gets in line. I poke around and find a pretty silver blouse, and then I go get in line behind her.

The cashier rings up Amelia, and her pants are $28. COOL! She pays and goes to the side to wait for me.

I get up to the front, and my pants are $50!! I shook my head and said that my sister JUST BOUGHT the same pair for half as much. So they compare skew numbers and it turns out that Amelia's pair has this tiny pink stripe on her waist lining, thus making them different lines. I asked for them to bring me a pair of the sales ones, and of course my sister got the last pair.

LOL! My sister asked AFTER I had asked, and she ended up with the sales pair.

I did end up buying the pair, but thought that it was insane, that the same pair and style of pants were so differently priced.

oh well!

7 comments:

Carolyn Albro said...

Awwww!!! Looks like everyone had a really great Christmas : ) The kiddos look thrilled with their goods : )

About the pants... that's crazy!! I so hate how we get ripped off like that, it seems like the thing about the customer always being right is just plain non existent any more. They should have given you the same price just because THEY screwed up and handed YOUR pants to your sister. Bleh!! I hate retail.

Leora Sanford said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!!
BTW...I see you over at ILP every now and then. :) You are going to get into FA in NO time!!

Barb said...

Sorry about the pants...that stinks, but I'm not surprised.

Great Xmas pics, Andrea, and a belated CONGRATS for winning Tara's blog challenge. LOVED your photo. My black lab loved it too :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the wagon!!! Glad you had a great Christmas!! See you in a few weeks! Can't beleive it's almost January!!

Heather said...

Ack about the pants!!! My DH just bought me a sweater for Christmas - $23 at Gap...great. Rings up $50 and he is like WTH?! So the guy tells him that the BROWN one is $23 because it is a week older than the blue one that was still $50. I got the brown on for Christmas and like it better ;0) Stores are so annoying.

Scrappy Cats Designs said...

Its really insane what one little thing will do to the price of a pair of pants. Looks like you all had an awesome Christmas!

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom said...

Oh my goodness, I am LOL at the pants story. What a bummer for you though!

Your boys look so cute in their little red pj's. Sweentess. :) I bought my kids new pj's for Christmas but my 12 yr. old dd was desperate to wear the new pj pants Grandma gave her for Christmas (blue and orange for her favorite college team). So my Christmas morning pics are not quite as festive as I'd hoped for. lol