Wednesday, March 28, 2007

In-Betweeners.....


OK, so I am in this awkward in-between sizing right now. All of my maternity clothes are too big now. But all of my regular clothes are still too small. I threw on a regular T-shirt and grimaced once I saw the attractive belly pooch. And I really don't want to spend money on clothes right now. I guess its still maternity duds for me. For a few more weeks at least.


I did happen to find a great dress that fits post partum bodies nicely!






Its the dress featured on pg 58 in April's Parenting Magazine and I was drawn to the color and affordable price. I got the one in Aqua. It fits the bust nicely, and flows right over that belly and hips, LOL! I plan on wearing it for Easter, so I thought I'd point it out! I got the Med, BTW. Reviews on Target's website said it ran big. I am really happy with this dress, the color is even prettier in real life. It looks much better on me IRL, than it does on the model above.

****************


I am *this close* to finishing my new photography website. It'll be live in just a few days! I am so excited, it looks great!

I also hear-by VOW to never get prints made at Walmart again. I am a total slacker when it comes to printing off stuff... even though I've spent time at least adjusting contrast. I had some prints made the other day, these were to "introduce" Lucas to my grandparents who all live out of state. I was so ill when I saw them at pick up time yesterday. Lucas looked like an orange Oompa Loompa in most of the pictures. The COLOR was HORRID. I mentioned it to the lady behind the counter, and she said it was b/c it was send out, and not their one hour fault... UGG! I didn't buy half of them, and now need to find a new place to print or send out.

Just to give you a visual, I did print the picture of Lucas that is in my header. It came back where his skin was VERY red, and super mottled. The blue was a super blue! It really was attrocious. I usually don't have qualms printing stuff there, like normal snapshots, but NO MORE, I SAY, NO MORE! (complete with fist shaking in the air)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHH! I'm still stuck with the post partum body, and my baby is 10 months...heehee!! Love this dress though. Might need to buy one also. And AMEN to banning wal mart. I always got ugly ugly colors aaand, they always made me sign the copyright forms....even if I was just there two days earlier. GRR! Can't wait to see your website, love your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Ok, and I noticed you have stupid videos on your favs...sadly I have to admit when we get a second of free time at night...we dont' watch TV...we watch stupid videos..... dot com!! (the song, ya know?)

Anonymous said...

The dress looks pretty. You will look great on Easter! You should try Shutterfly for your prints. I have always been very happy with mine. Just make sure after you edit the pictures and color the way you want, that you check the box that says "don't apply automatic corrections to picture." That way the color will stay the way you want it.

Lena Brandenburg said...

I had my own Walgreens nightmare last December, so I hear ya. That dress is absolutely gorgeous...maybe I should go to Target ;)

Kristin said...

Is that a nursing dress? It's cute and perfect for the PP belly pooch...with nursing I can't wait to do flowy summery dresses again. Ahhhh.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear ya! I have had SUCH a fit with our Walmart (I know you and I use the same one)...the "best" was when I was getting multiple copies of photos to share and one version looked fine and the other version looked AWFUL...totally overdone on the yellow spectrum. I was like, "Do these even LOOK like the same photo to you?"

I can't WAIT to see your new website!

Angelina

Anonymous said...

This is Heather from BBC (aka minskymorozovs). Just had to say LOVE the dress! Also, I had to echo your vent about Walmart! I live in TN and have had THE SAME problems with the bright orangey people etc.. It is ridiculous! I will NEVER do pics there again. I can say I have always had a good experience at Target or you could try online (haven't done that yet!). Your pics are beautiful of your boys!

Melanie said...

That dress is gorgeous! It looks super comfy and the color is awesome. I may need to check that out when I'm at Target! :)

I hope your pics from Snapfish turn out okay! Now I'm a little worried!! :( I've never used them, but a couple of the other CT girls did and said they were good. I always use www.yorkphoto.com Their prices are great and I've always been more than satisfied with them.

Can't wait to see the new site!! :) How exciting!!

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

I love the website winkflash. They print off great photos, have fast shipping and the prices are super affordable! You also get the first 50 prints FREE!

www.winkflash.com

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Do you belong to Costco? I love them - not only are they priced nice, but they do a NICE job. You can dowload their settings so that your monitor is calibrated to their settings so you KNOW what you are getting! (you just have to make sure that you check the box near the end of the order form asking them NOT to color correct your images, which the automatically do if you don't tell them NOT to!) Their online set up is powered by Snapfish - so it works exactly the same - you upload, order and then you can go into the store to pick them up or have them mailed to you in short order. I go into the store and have hardly ever been dissatisfied with my end product - I use them to print out wedding and portrait picts and everything!
You can email me if you want to chat any further about it.
Best wishes - glad you all are doing well with the newest addition!
And I ditto the earlier poster - I still have post partum body and it's been 3 YEARS!! LOL! =)
Good luck with your picts - what a pain!
jen (jen@jlowephotos.com)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the newborn. I have been checking in regularly. I saw a new Jodi Piccoult (i think)on the shelf today. I haven't seen it before. It is called nineteen mins. just thought you would want to know if you don't already. love you
roz