Friday, February 22, 2008

Lucas' Birthday Photo....

I took Lucas' birthday photo the other morning and used a brand new trick.

I got everything ready, then sat him down and put a piece of scotch tape on his hand. I had read that this would help him (and other baby/ toddlers) to sit still, and getting the tape off of his hand will occupy him for a few moments, enough to get a few shots. This really helped for Lucas to sit still for a minute.


It worked! I cloned out the bit of tape that peeked up, but he stayed still long enough, LOL! I also like how his hands are pressed together like that too.... Loud silly noises, with my husband and other son dancing away behind me too got him to look up....

Miracle of Miracles! I scrapped! These are my first pages of 2008. I want Lucas' album done for his Birthday party!



Just my Lucas when he was (sob!) Little! Credits HERE.


Lucas' first Halloween! What a sweet Dragon he was! Credits HERE.

I had a super sweet photo session yesterday, and its calling me to proof it. I have a lot of wedding work to still proof and get ready though. Ahhh.....

TGIF!

18 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the tip! But I think I am going to have to use something a little stronger for my 3 year old. Gotta think on this.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful portrait and lo's!

Tammy said...

Beautiful layouts!!!!! I love them and your blog is wonderful.

Amanda said...

Love the tip, thanks! I need to do my boys' spring pics and was wondering how to get my 14 month old to sit still. You got a great shot!

Barb said...

Great idea, Andrea! Happy birthday to the cute little dude!

Anonymous said...

aww what great photos!!!

jenn- said...

What cute photos! I will have to try that technique on my youngest. He will probably just keep looking at his hands.

Michelle said...

great photos and layouts

Anonymous said...

Great tip Andrea! I'll have to try that out on my little ones! Thanks for sharing :)

I am, however, wondering how you prevented Lucas from looking at his hands while he was trying to pry the tape off. Any tips?

Mrs. Burns said...

Loud silly noises, with my husband and other son seth dancing away behind me too....

AfriDigiDiva said...

What a cutie! Happy birthday,Lucas

Carol said...

Absolutely brilliant tip!!!! I'm taking some pics of my friend's toddler just turned one in a few weeks (happy snaps only!!) and I'm going to use this tip. Thank you. Love your pages, absolutely gorgeous.

Cox Family said...

wow Andrea!!! your doing so many amazing things. I wish i could go back in time and have you do our wedding photo's. Or go back in time and do a fun road trip with out the beasty girl stuff. lol its been so long but you look better and better how do you do that . your next blog can be on your beauty tips.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea! I just adore all of your work and your blog - so glad to have found it. You are now added to my favorites! Hey, I was trying to snag your fan blinkie because it say's i cannot right click (the copywrite thing). Is there another way to grab it by chance? Thanks and have a great weekend!

-Miriam

Sharon said...

I absolutely love your blog and your pics. I hope it is all right, but I nominated you for an award on my blog. :)

Anndee said...

Adorable little guy and great photo tip. What did you use for your background here...and the valentine one (pink)? Are you using paper? Very nice.

Kimberly said...

Love the layouts. Lucas was a super cute dragon. And I'm loving his birthday photo. Great job.

Love the tape idea. I might use that one my nephew.

Lisa said...

I use that same tape trick! It is great. Love your site.