Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


****************


How Nate and I met....

We met at Toccoa Falls College.

I was a freshman when his friend Mike came for 2nd semester. We had a class together and were friendly. But that next year Mike went to China.

Then, when I was a Junior, Mike came back to school and brought Nate with him. Mike knowing my friends and I, sat with us at meals and in Chapels, thus Nate sitting with us too.

I remember seeing Nate get up from lunch one day, a joke had just been made, and he cracked the biggest smile, and I remember it being so beautiful. But of coures, he was older and waaay out of my league, LOL! (I didn't know it but at the time he was asking around about me...)

A couple weeks later, I was driving past the building he was just coming out of class. He yelled out to me, and I stopped. I was driving my camaro, and he came over popped his head in and was checking it out. I totally thought I was cool, b/c this cute guy was checking my car out, LOL! (later I find out he HATES camaro's and loves mustangs... he just didn't want to have eye contat with me!)

He asks me if I want to go to the park with him that weekend... b/c he's taking his then-2 yr old niece. I agree, and that was our first time we hung out. He totally manipulated me though... at the park he's showing how great he is with kids, he's changing diapers.... LOL!

Nate asked me out on a real date, and we went to Fatz Cafe, and had plans to see Double Jeopardy with Ashley Judd. After dinner his car broke down, so I got to witness him change an alternator in the parking lot, just in time to catch the later show!

He had me hooked after that... what a rennaissance man!

Within 3 months we knew we were going to get married someday... we were engaged a year later, and married 9 months after that. We've been together for 8.5 years, and we'll be married for 7 come May.

His niece was our flower girl and is now 10 years old!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

. . .I remember when Nate asked me what kind of flowers to get you after your first date. I told him to get roses if he was head over heels and carnations if had an "okay" time. He got roses!

Miss ya'll! Love EMBELLISH and your beautiful photos of the boys.

Jessica V.

ChrissyW said...

love your photos - your header is fantastic - what a great blog!!

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

our card, and I love how you have the little photos on the right hand side. I'm redoing my blog and I may have to get inspired by yours

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

:)

Alissa said...

Sweet story! Hope you guys have a wonderful valentines day!

20Birds said...

tremendous story, i loved it made me smile

Anonymous said...

Awwww, this is such a cute story! Love your card too! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh...the gold old days. :) I remember how excited you were when you knew he was the one!! It seems like it was just yesterday. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day. I love the card of the boys! They look very dashing in their outfits. Take care!!

Heather said...

Aww what a sweet story!!!!! You should have added in a photo of you two from back then! :0)

Happy Valentine's Day Andrea!

Stacey said...

Beautiful story and I adore a happy ending! You have an awesome site!

Across the Miles Photography said...

Such a cute blog post!!

Tyler & I met at Bible College, dated for a year, and were engaged for nine months, too! We'll have been married 8 years this August. (and, I used to own a Camaro, too!)

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Thanks for sharing your love story.