Monday, July 02, 2007

Toot & Woot!!

One week, 1600 miles, and minus-a-Sethro later, I am home. Well... for all of 36 hours. As of 11 am tomorrow, we (all 8 of us) fly out of Cleveland to sunny Orlando. We'll be joining , oh... about 30,000 other teens and youth sponsers for an AWESOME week!

Visiting my folks was fun... if not a bit stressful. Seth did pretty good with the p.o.t.t.y. One night he would have nothing to do with a public toilet, but he was crying from the need to go. Then he asked to come home, so drive all 30 min back to Nana's we did. Just in time for him to mess on the floor. LOL~ he did great holding it till then.

My dad was SO nervous about how Seth would react to me driving away without him. I knew he would be fine.... it was his mama that cried as she pulled out of the driveway and left him 400 miles behind. As it is, our house is too quiet.

Lucas is teething. Yes I know its early, but he's almost 4 months old. Seth popped out his first tooth at 4 months, and he had 4 teeth by 5 months, and 6 teeth by 6 months. Lucas is gnawing on his fist and drooling, and he's very cranky. I don't feel any hard bumps yet, but I'm sure they are moving.

So anyways, I came home to 2 nice surprises!

First, (My Toot) my layout published in the Digital Scrapbook Magazine's Aug/ Sept issue came out. I am all of page 29! I hadn't gotten my subscription issue yet, so I ran to Barnes & Noble and bought a couple. I was a big dork and was showing it off to the check out girl.




Second, (my Woot) my Andrea Burns Photography book came in the mail! I loved some of the scrapbook versions I was seeing was turning out. But I knew I wanted to create a "Photography Book" to help market my work a little better, so I did that first instead.

I used Shutterfly.com, and I love how it turned out!






I got the 8x8 hardbound, Print for Scrapbook version. That way, some of my photos were printed full bleed, edge to edge. You have no idea how tickled I am over this! Like I'm a "professional" or something! LOL! ;) I had gotten 24 pages, and they all came out beautifully. The colors are spot on. I also thought the process of making the book was very easy, and actually kinda fun, because they have this preview of the book afterwards, and you can "flip" through the pages of your work. If you are thinking about trying this, don't think about it anymore, just do it!
I've already got an idea that this would make a BEAUTIFUL cookbook!


Well, gotta dash. I have a lot to prepare for. When I get back, expect some fun surprises! I only have 3 miles to go to hit 100 miles run, and I think I may make a special treat for that... and there are LOTS of surprises coming your way from The Digi Chick. Also, there will be a new kit and a photo action, YAY!

10 comments:

Kirstie said...

your photography book looks fantastic

I've got a little Lucas too and he's 7 months old - just got 2 teeth and is crawling everywhere! I'll be shedding tears in a few weeks when I leave my 3 babes for the first time to go overseas for 10 days, it's going to be hard!

Mary said...

Wow, that book is fabulous, love the cover, wonderful skills your showing off!

TFS~marnel

JennStar said...

oH, i TOTALLY LOVE THAT YOU HAVE YOUR NAME ON THE FRONT! i'VE GOT TO GO CHECK THAT ONE OUT!! (woops- sorry abt the caps!)

Anonymous said...

Andrea...I have never met you in person but have talked a lot to you on BBC. I have to tell you that I bought a bunch of scrapbook magazines to take with us on a trip this week and while driving home, I came across your page in one of the mags. I was so excited to show my husband...you would have thought I have know you forever and we were close friends :) "Toot" away girl! I admire your photography/digi skills...I am a newbie but I am trying!!
Beth

Anonymous said...

I saw your LO! It is beautiful, congrats! And your photo book looks very professional too with your name on the cover and the full bleed photos - AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Just a question about the scrapbook. I've used shutterfly.com for books before and was wondering how you got them to print edge to edge? it always leaves space for my text and I don't want text. Also, where does it give you the option to print for scrapbook?

Heather said...

I ordered one of those books last Christmas! It was AWESOME! I am definitely going to use it again in the future!!!! WTG Seth!

Kim said...

I love it! How did you get your signature on the front of the book?

Andrea said...

Congrats on getting published!

I love how your shutterfly book turned out- it looks gorgeous!

Sweet Peripety said...

Wow! I am in awe of your photography book. I love your work, Andrea.

This is interesting: back a few years ago, my sil and I had a "business" we called Embellish! LOL!

Anyways, thank you for all your inspiration and wonderful ideas. I love your blog.
~Amy