Monday, August 11, 2008

Burns' Curb Appeal....

At long last! We finally got the front door painted, and now you can see our before and after of our house-front.

Before: WAAAY overgrown, teal green exterior. (Seriously?!?!? Who picked that? No wonder the house didn't sell right away!)


After: new landscaping and painted. You may notice the the bush on the right of the 2 middle bushes looks sparse. It is a transplant bush, and I'm hoping it survives and thrives!



Want a tour of the inside? Revisit this old blog post. And maybe This One too. :c)

****************

I feel liberated and free today. I am finally all caught up on printing out our personal family pictures. Hello, my name is Andrea, and I'm a non-printing slacker. It started after Lucas was born... it was the new mommy fog for the first couple months. Then we moved 300 miles. All of a sudden, Lucas was 16 months old, and hardly any photographic proof!

So over the past couple months I've been slowly editing and uploading and printing. A total of 1500 prints. Over 3 albums filled.

Deep breath.... man, that feels great! I am all caught up through June of '08, and I hereby solemnly swear I won't let it get out of hand like that again!

12 comments:

Tammy said...

WOW!! Your new home looks like it was completely over hauled and updated. And what a little curb appeal will do to the look of a home. Beautiful job!! I hope you are enjoying the new home.

Barb said...

I'm a non printing slacker too, Andrea. Your outside makeover looks great, what a huge difference!

SuzyQ said...

Beautiful! And way to get caught up on your printing. TFS!

Amanda said...

Wow! the front of the house looks great! Can I hire you? LOL

I'm a non printing slacker too. It gets so easy when the family all has e-mail. I don't need to print pictures for grandma anymore.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! What a lot of WORK that was! Good for you guys!

So, do you just print photos and place them in albums? My husband is always after me to do something like that, but I barely have time to get our digi-scrapped pages printed, much less the photos. Maybe I should reconsider...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful landscaping, and I love that red door!

MyEbella aka Kim said...

I know soo many use the pioneer 3-up albums to put their pictures in, what are you storing yours in...
and are they just for "the viewing pleasure"?

I need to be better about doing this too!

P.S... The house looks great!!

Danielle said...

WOW LOVE how the painting makes the house look so much prettier! beautiful home!

Kelly said...

Great job on the makeover of the front of your house! And congrats on getting caught up in your photo printing! I'm sooo behind...

Unknown said...

House looks a lot better. Landscaping helped a lot. Looks great. Good job.

Joy said...

Andrea.... beautiful... I bet that was such an awesome feeling when you got that done... I am still working on mine.

Amy B. said...

Wow! Your house looks great!!