Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a wonderful weekend! It was a blast, like a birthday celebration all weekend long. Saturday morning I had a wonderful pedicure. I've decided to make that a yearly tradition, LOL!



The Lion King was like nothing I've ever seen before! Life-size animals that were manned by people, ie. men on hand and feet stilts for a Giraffe. They even had a life-size elephant make its way up the isle in the opening scene, and they flew kites as birds, man it was intense! The costumes were incredible, and of course a great story line. I walked out in tears, it was so wonderful. Even Nate really enjoyed it, and he never likes stuff like that.

We had dinner at the Red Rock Canyon Grille, where I had steak and shrimp, and an awesome bread pudding for desert.

Sunday I went to my folks house to pick up the boys and to eat a birthday dinner with them. It was a Clam and Shrimp pasta, and then we had a lemon raspberry shortbread tart for my birthday desert! I will most definitely post the recipes to those, both are incredible!



Today I'm waiting for my big shiny birthday present to come.... Nate got me the brand new Nikon D700 and the 24-70mm 2.8 lens. I am beyond thrilled that I am moving up to a professional camera. The D700 is a full frame sensor camera. Meaning, it takes pictures closer to what a 35mm camera used to do, so larger photosites, much LESS noise and more detail.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on the new camera!

Kyla Armstrong said...

It looks like it was wonderful! Happy birthday!

Jeannette said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday! Can I be adopted into your family? lol And way to go on the camera, I am so jealous! I like the way you described the Lion King. Hadn't thought about wanting to go but now I do.

Sparky_mom said...

Congrats on your new Camera!!! That is one awesome camera!!! Happy Birthday!!

Art Photographs said...

Happy birthday girl!!! I am insanely jealous of your new equipment to come, my total wish list right now!
Can't wait to see your new pics!!!!!

Krista said...

Happy birthday!! Great looking dessert:) mmmm!

Heather said...

I can't wait to see the shots you get with your new camera! Is it even possible for you to take better pictures?? Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Kim said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! Congrats on the new camera too!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday, it sounds like a wonderful celebration. I agree, Lion King is magical.