Monday, June 09, 2008

Poor Bubba....

Do you know, that in the 4 years of my having children... we've never experienced vomit in this house. And I always thought that when the day came, I'd have to call Nate to come home from work, b/c I would be too GROSSED out to help clean up.

Imagine to my surprise yesterday, as poor Lucas couldn't hold anything down... that it was me holding him, and me helping him over the bowl. It really is an amazing thing... to be a mother. To want to take away your child's pain. To look past your own fears, just to help your baby.

Poor darling... we have no idea what happened. After he woke up from his afternoon nap, it was just violent and the rest of the evening. He was listless and lied on me the whole evening. Lucas never spiked a fever or anything.... and its funny the thoughts that race through your head. I'd feel him burp or whimper and know what was coming... and you just feel so helpless.

He fell asleep for the night around 9:30 and woke up this morning as cheerful and normal as ever.

8 comments:

JennStar said...

Oh no! I'm glad today is a better day! Yuck-o!

Heather said...

I need to link you to my blog...its about vomit. My daughter, age 3 1/2 has vomited maybe three times her whole life tops. My one twin boy has had three bouts of being held over a trash can for 1/2 a day. NEVER did I think I could handle it. Please read this blog post to know where I am coming from. haha

http://www.bluham99.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea, that us awful. Eleanor has had a few rounds with the stomach flu and it is terrible to see a little one so sick. I have always been amazed with my sudden ability to comfort her, clean it up, and not get sick myself. Must be a mom thing! Hugs to you all, I hope no one else gets it!

Anonymous said...

I hope that when I'm a mom and will be as brave as you!! Our youngest dog, Sasha vomits a lot b/c she likes to eat grass and hair balls! I can't be in the same room with her when it happens or else I start to gag! Hopefully children are different than dogs! Glad to hear you survived the severe weather!

Theresa said...

You know, some things are far less disgusting coming out of your child than any other person. I think this is one of those things.

I also can't believe it took you four years to experience the joy!

I hope he's feeling better soon. Poor little guy.

Knapp Scraps said...

We went through the same thing on Friday. One episode was all over my shirt too. NICE! Our doc said it was a "sinus infection"... which sounds weird to me but she is better now.

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

I know what you mean -- poor sweetie!!

You know I have a Lucas now, too right :D


You've been tagged :D

hmm--if it didn't show the tag --

go to my blog :P - www.parentsonwheels.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Why do you think we'd want to hear about vomit?