Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Meet Lil' Fella....

A couple months ago, out of nowhere, Seth looked up at me and said oh-so-clearly,

"Mama, I want a Nemo fish, and I will call him Lil' Fella."

How could anyone resist that? Little did Nate or I know what was involved.

{Meet Lil' Fella}



And now.... $500 later......


((Groan!)) Saltwater tank, liverock, live plants, 3 crabs, care books, it all adds up so quick! Right now we only have 2 fish in there. Saltwater eco systems are fragile... you can only introduce so many fish at a time, so as to acclimate the water and plants to waste. There is also a shy Blue Damsel (bright blue with yellow tail) in there. We plan on getting a Royal Gramma (fushia head and yellow tail) and a Coral Beauty (purple body with rainbow sides) in the next couple weeks. And then that's it. We only have a 16 gallon tank, so for swim space, should only put 4 fish in there.

And there you have it.

8 comments:

Barb said...

Cute little guy! We gave up on fish long ago. Too many fish funerals. Have fun with your new family members!

Beth said...

Beautiful picture!!

I've never had the guts to go salt water. We just have little goldfish that pretty much take care of themselves!!

Congrats on your pretty new babies!

Anonymous said...

Adorable fish! My DD has a huge 50 gal tank with lots of big bright fish - they love it - too much work for me!! Love your blog, it's so fresh!

Jen U said...

Oh how cute! I wouldn't have been able to resist that either LOL I would LOVE salt water fish but I'm too worried about being able to take care of them. We have a 10 gallon tank with regular fish and they have been doing extremely well so I'm happy! TFS! :)

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

We had a salt water tank a while back, and it does get expensive! Plus, every time my husband went away on business, we lost another fish. The fish tank is his thing, so I just forget to feed them!

We now have fresh water, and it is MUCH easier to maintain, but the fish aren't as pretty.

My son keeps asking for a pet. I tell him he gets a brother and fish instead. He's not satisfied with that answer!

Tori said...

Very cool...it does add up very fast!!!!

JennStar said...

LOL! That is too funny. But hey, it means that you don't have to clean up a litter box or vaccum dog hair every day! Good call on the fishie!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world!! Be glad yours is only 16 gallons. Ours is 120 gallions!! Make sure you only get fish that will co-exists happily together. The last thing you want to do is get a fish that doesn't play well with others. That will stress the fish out and cause them to die. And make sure they are not able to jump out of the tank. We lost one that way!