Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap....

Thanksgiving was a great time! How could it be otherwise? What's better than spending time with your loved ones and eating comfort food? And surprisingly, there was NO arguing this year, between all the generational siblings and between spouses ;) LOL!

One special thing Nate and I did... was go on a date. I had realized a couple weeks back that we had not been out together by ourselves... since our anniversary in May! I KNOW! Tell me about it!

So we went to one of our favorite little local restaurants, The Narrows. Its situated right on the narrow of the bay where Kent Island is bridged to the main land of Maryland, Grasonville. Mmmm! Nate had the blackened tuna with garlic mashed potatoes and fried green tomatoes. I had a bowl of their famous cream of crab soup, and for dinner, Cioppino, which is clams, mussels, fish, jumbo shrimp, and lobster tail. Its in a tomato based broth, served over pasta.

We finished the night with 2 cups of Starbucks coffee... decaf for me since I did eventually want to sleep that night.

My BIL is a paramedic, and he took a look at my foot for me. He was concerned and told me I needed an Xray, immediately. The discoloration was too bad for 2 weeks post accident. So he had me scared and nervous. He had me thinking that it was broken and that they would have to reset it, and I'd be in a boot. LOL!

We went to our new Family Dr yesterday so one of the MANY docs there could check out my foot. Stupid Mapquest led us in the wrong direction and we ended up at someones rather large house. Once we called the center, got the real directions, and got there we were 40 min. late, LOL!

The doc looked at my foot and said "I don't think its broken... well, maybe not... let's get those Xrays."

A 38 week pregnant Xray tech took the images, and once they were looked at by the Doc, I just laughed. Nothing is fractured or broken. In FACT, he doesn't think I even tore anything, b/c that would mean my foot would be too lax, rather than how tight it is.

His prescrip? Rest and Advil.

What I'VE been saying from the very beginning, ROFLOL!

He rolled me up in an Ace bandage and sent me on my way.

****************

Here are some pictures and a recipe!
A new family picture, in front of my parents home.


Love these!

Here is my dad (with my mom to the right, with Seth) holding Lucas during his Dedication service.

Here's Nunkie Butch helping Seth decorate the reindeer cookies.




Can you tell which cookie Seth did? ;)

Rudolph Sugar Cookies

1 pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
36 pretzel twists
36 semisweet chocolate mini morsels
18 red cinnamon candies

1. Freeze dough 10-15 min.

2. Roll dough to 1/4- inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut dough with a 3-inch round cutter and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using thumb and forefinger, pinch opposite sides of each slice about 2/3rds of the way down to shape face.

3. Break curved sides away from the center of each pretzel twist to form antlers. Press bottom of one set of antlers on each side at top of each reindeer face.

4. Bake at 350* according to package directions or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; press in 2 morsels for eyes and 1 cinnamon candy for nose. Let coll 1 min on baking sheets, then cool 20 min on wire racks.

7 comments:

Azrood said...

Glad to hear that your foot isn't broken, but I'm hoping that it is feeling better soon. Sounds like you did a number on it. Wonderful family pictures and I love the reindeer cookies. Thanks for sharing the recipe - I'm going to have to try those out with my kiddos.

Monique said...

OOh those cookies look delish! Thanks for the recipe, have a great day!

Carolyn Albro said...

Isn't it nice to get through a holiday without an argument? It's supposed to be a time for everyone to enjoy themselves and it sounds like your family did just that.

Glad the foots okay. Take care of it : )

And I LOVE those photos, especially the family pic, you guys all look so happy. Thank you for sharing.

Laura said...

Andrea, I really enjoy reading your blog, You have such a BEAUTIFUL family! Glad your foot is ok and Thanksgiving went well for you! I love the holidays for that reason, eating all the yummy foods with family!

Great photos!

Angelina Schwarz said...

I always watch for your updates to see how life with Andrea is going! :) So glad for the update!

Glad to hear the foot isn't broken. The cookies look delish...and I LOVE the shot of you and Nate kissing and Seth giving us a big one, too! TOO cute!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Cute cookies -- I'll have to do that with my girls. Thanks for the idea . . . and adorable family picture!

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Those cookies look great!!

Glad your foot isn't broken, good reason for you to stay off it though..lol

Hope it heals quick!