Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Happy Belated Halloween!

From The Pirate and the Dragon..... (it sounds like a children's story doesn't it? Or at least a fable... LOL!)




And let me tell you..... I definitely have plans for a Scrap page featuring the out takes of the 2 kids together, LOL!

And since I didn't get a chance to share any beach pictures, I thought I would share this one. I adore this! My two kiddos and their lovely cousins under the pier.


****************

And a quick new delicious recipe. We had this last night!

Taco Soup

1 ½ lbs lean ground beef, browned and drained OR 2 C diced cooked chicken / ground turkey

1 16oz can black beans, undrained

1 16oz can pinto beans, undrained

2 14oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained

1 14oz can whole kernel corn, drained

1 package taco seasoning mix, dry

1 package ranch dip mix, dry

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and simmer on low for 6 hours OR heat thoroughly to blend flavors and simmer until serving. Place crumbled tortilla chips, bite size corn chips, or soft flour tortillas. In individual bowls. Cover w/ meat mixture.

Top w/ : sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced black olives, chopped green onions.

*** This is a thicker consistency. I did end up adding about a cup of water, and on the spur of the moment a couple dashes of hot sauce, a spoonful of jarred garlic, and some salt and ground pepper.

****************

Have a great November day!

9 comments:

Donna B. Miller said...

Wonderful, wonderful photos. The soup sounds yummy. Perfect for a cool fall day like today.

Mom2aTrio (JZDesigns) said...

MMM..We use that same recipe for Taco Soup, instead of water I use tomato juice. It is great for leftovers to use like a taco salad the next day too!
I love the pictures..the costumes are uber cute!

gabs-art said...

what wonderful pictures! will be back!

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Your two little munchkins are so cute! Glad to have you back.
Thanks for the recipe. It sounds yummy and I've been in such a soup mood.
:)

Anonymous said...

Ah! Look how cute! Wow, have they grown! Glad you are back :D

Helena said...

What adorable photos! Your little dragon has the cutest smile.

Kimberly said...

Adorable costumes, and boys.

Are you close to their cousins now?
That's great.

Jenny said...

Your photos are gorgeous! The soup recipe sounds yummy, may just have to try it! :)

Deena said...

Gorgeous photos!! As usual..

We are having our small group from church here on sunday, and I was planning on making Tacos... It's chilly out now... I think I'll try your recipe instead :) I swear I cook the same Old stuff over and over! I am such a boring cook LOL.