Thursday, November 29, 2007

Raw....

So last night a new friend in our new church invited us out for Vietnamese food. Nate and I were game so we packed up the kids and headed out. We ended up realizing we were short on time, because of Youth Group last night, so we stopped into this little local Japanese restaurant.

Now, Nate and I really enjoy Japanese Steak Houses... you know the kind, the ones where they cook at the table in front of you. So we thought we were pretty knowledgeable about Japanese food. Boy were we wrong, LOL!

Our host ordered for us.... he ordered A Lot for us. I have never eaten so much raw food in my life, but I gave everything a try! I thought California Rolls were "real sushi" with raw fish inside. Nope. Cooked Crab. Sooo... Lenny ordered sushi with raw salmon on top of the sushi, and sushi with eel on the inside. He also ordered this semi- raw tuna dish and mostly-raw beef dish. They were flash seared on the stove, so the outside was miniscule-ly cooked, and the inside cold as could be. But we were game, we wanted to try it all!

I'll be honest.... my mouth hesitated with each first bite. That piece of raw salmon sushi was the hardest to first bite into, but I did! And I liked it! I don't know if I could eat a lot of it, but I'll eat it again. Lenny laughed and said that he was "training us for if we were ever stranded near water..." LOL! I liked the beef better than the tuna, and Nate vice versa. Seth would have nothing to do with any of it, so he stuck with the steamed rice.


***************

Brand new!! A fun hybrid!




It's a card... it's an ornament! This double duty surprise arrives folded like a card, but once assembled it transforms into a holiday photo ornament. Directions included! In PSD format.

Get It HERE!

And of course.... 20% OFF today! Enjoy! Below are close ups of the example....




Have a great Thursday!

7 comments:

Monique said...

Wow that cube card is cute and ingenious! Love it! Have a great day!

Kim said...

Very creative Andrea, you are so good! Sushi huh? I love sushi, I really have a weakspot for just plain old california rolls and avacado rolls though, yum!

Tammy said...

ugh........I just don't know about raw meat. The cube card is so cute!!

Amy B. said...

Girl, you are brave! I like California & avacado rolls but I just don't know if I could eat raw fish. Your cube card is awesome!

Helena said...

I tried some raw fish in Korea just once. In fact it may have been only one piece. Couldn't really see much to recommend it. But I haven't tried the real sushi-style. That might be good.

Cool cube!

Anonymous said...

ick I don't think I'd a been able to even put that near my lips lol.. I love that hybrid btw!

Theresa said...

Mmmmmm, I LOVE sushi! I eat it at least 3 times a week. And you know, the first time I tried it, I was hesitant too, now it is my favorite food every!

Love the cube card, girlie! That's adorable!