Friday, November 09, 2007

Call Me Gimpy.....

Did I have a day or what yesterday??? I was eating a Starburst and lost a filling. Then last night, I was running around with Seth and I fell. I heard a "POP" and knew it was bad. I ended up tearing some ligaments on the outside of my right foot, and am currently using a crutch to get around. Its all swollen/ bruising, and distorted.

This is a huge Deja Vu for me, because I fell in the yard when I was 7 mos. pregnant with Seth, and broke my ankle. The next day Nate had to leave for a conference, and I was stuck grocery shopping. Now imagine in your heads a hugely pregnant woman trying to navigate a grocery store on crutches. :c( Anyhoo~ Nate is leaving for a conference on Monday for a couple days. So I really need to be on my feet again by then. Thankfully its not as bad this time around as last.

Speaking of running.... I never got to share this.

I went to my college's Homecoming a few weekends back and ran in their Alumni 5K. I came in 2nd for women! And I was 7th or 8th overall! Sweet! Let me tell you though.... that was a challenge. It was still hot up here in MD (think 90 degrees) so I only packed shorts and a tee. Well, the race started at 8 am, and it was closer to 55 degrees and frosty! I also hadn't run consistently b/c of the move and such. My time was 26 min and 20 sec. I was a bit disappointed that I lost a minute over my 5K win a couple years before, but not shabby either. I got a nice ribbon, LOL!

And.... TOOT!

I have a LO featured nice and big on the Simply Stunning page in the new Dec/ Jan Digital Scrapbooking Magazine! Woot! Its of my lil' Lucas! Well... when he was nice and little, LOL!

I've started Christmas shopping for the boys, so be on the lookout for some of the list... coming soon! :c) Off to ice my foot and take some more Tylenol!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Hope you are back on your feet soon!!

Gina.Maria said...

Man, you're having rough time, aren't you? If you need something with a bit more oomph than Tylenol, give Aleve a try. It works for me for everything.

Kim said...

Man, you have not had the best of luck lately have you? I know the pain for sure, I ahve broken the same ankle, TWICE!
Get that foot up, lots of resta nd try to relax a bit.

Neverland Scraps said...

wow a filling---uugh, I hate when that happens! But how cool about your layout! That's really exciting, I can't wait to see it!

Deena said...

UGH what a rough day, I hope you are feeling back up to par soon!!

20Birds said...

congrats on the run... i just finished some pages about a friend whoi is an ironman competitor...so i feel like a runner even though i dont, lol

Sinead said...

yikes! I hope your ankle is ok!

Heather said...

Ok, so I understand you are gone for a while, and I checked back A LOT...I forgot the last few days and BAM three entries posted! LOL! Great pictures from halloween and I hope you are feeling better SO SOON!!! :0(

JennStar said...

OH NO!!! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Got my digi scrapbook magazine today....and there is Lucas!! Congrats, hard to believe how grown up he already is.
Kara

Theresa said...

Awww, sorry about the foot. I tore a ligament in my ankle a couple of years ago and the not being able to run for 12+ weeks was the hardest part. But yay for you on your awesome finish in the 5K that's great!! You'll be back and running again before you know it. And really, no one likes to run in the snow anyway, so this is just life's way of letting you put on your slippers in the morning instead of your running shoes.