Friday, November 30, 2007

No Words....

Ok... um... wow. Just wow.

It started this morning when the family doctor called me and said that they missed something on the Xray, and they wanted me to come back in.

So now the doctor has me worried about a hairline fracture or something. The good news is that a Podiatrist's office was just a floor above the family Dr. office, and he wanted me to see him this morning.

I didn't just fracture my foot. I BROKE it. It went unseen by the Family Dr. because it was a clean break right next to a seam/ joint.

The Orthoepedic Dr. said that had I come in 3 weeks ago when it happened, he would have put screws and pins in my foot, and put me in a cast. BUT, because we are 3 weeks into the injury, he wants to try the boot first. He said that I am really lucky that the break stayed clean and aligned all this time, and that nothing shifted....

I have to wear the boot AND use crutches... through the beginning of January!!!!

In January I'll have a check up, and we'll see what happens from there. I do have a small lump on the side of my foot, and the doctor says that it might be permanent... :(

If you take a look down at your own right foot, on the outside edge, about halfway... that's what I broke. And in the Dr's terms... I "broke it good."

And may I remind you... I'm in a wedding next week! I don't think I'll be rehemming the dress, LOL! Let's hide this boot!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine having to take care of 2 kiddos with that thing on! I hope it heals up for you!

Kim said...

Whoa, that's kind of a huge thing to MISS!!!!!
I broke my ankle in half a few years back and I had to wear this GIGANTIC splint for a few weeks (it weighed a ton) and then I had a boot just like that thing, not fun!

Becki said...

oh wow, so sorry that this
happened to you! God is good in that you were protected from further injury during these three weeks. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry sweetie!!!

Anonymous said...

Autsch
that sound very bad
hope you get your foot well reals soon and I hope you will have fun on the wedding with that foot!!!
psi

MyEbella aka Kim said...

=) good luck...
put the little one in a pack to walk around with ... much easier than trying to carry him and the crutches...
P.S... My sister was in a wedding w/ a cast...

HAVE FUN

P.S. I love the ornament!

Joy said...

You poor thing... so glad you didn't hurt yourself more.

gabs-art said...

hope you will be better soon

JennStar said...

Holy Cow, girlfriend!! I guess you DID "break it good!" I'm so glad your BIL recommended you see your DR, even if he misdiagnosed at first. So, online Christmas shopping it is!!!! hehehe Feel better soon!!

Unknown said...

WOW...can't believe you haven't been in mucho pain! Take care and hope it heals fine with just the boot!