Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksging!

Not much is going on here... just trying to get ready to go away to my parents today, so its all laundry and cleaning. The past 2 days were a lot of running around, and I've been on my foot too much, and I'm paying for it. I need to take it easier. It is nice and green, and there is a lump where I tore the ligament. And is it weird that it hurts under the pad of my foot too? Its hard to sleep b/c of the throbbing, and it almost feels like my foot is folding in on itself. Time for more Tylenol!

I lost a $50 dollar bill the other day, and I was frantic to find it all day yesterday. I was sure that I dropped it in a store on one of my errands, or that Seth found it and put it somewhere VERY safe. I was lying in bed last night and I couldn't sleep, and then I thought... maybe I stuffed it in that sweatshirt I wore for about 2 minutes the other day.

So at 12:45 am, I got up and checked. Nope. Then I thought... well, I'm up, so let me check the pockets in my robe.

And there it was!

Yippee! LOL! I was so relieved. I hobbled into bed and immediately woke Nate up and whispered "I found it!"

***************

We leave this afternoon to go to my folks house for this whole weekend. My whole family will be there, parents, 2 sisters, brother-in-law, and my grandparents. Fun times.... no really, it will be nice, LOL!

My dad is also a pastor, and he will be Dedicating Lucas this Sunday. We believe that baptism is a personal choice that you make for yourself later down the road. This Dedication is a small ceremony... more of a "Charge" to the parents to raise our child in a Christian home.

This Thanksgiving I am so very Thankful for so many thing....

my family
my wonderful hubby
the monkey and the koala who call me mama
God's love, faithfulness, and His provision
our health
owning our first home
loving our new city
nap time (LOL!)
new friends, and old friends

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found it! YAY!

We do the dedication too. I tried to explain to my husband's very catholic parents that no, I'm not making my children heathens because they haven't been baptized. That in my opinion baptism is a very personal choice, one between you and God, and not one that I can make for my children. So, we dedicate them to God and promise to raise them up for him. So excited to see someone who believes the same as I!

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

absolutartist1 said...

YIPPEE!!!! Always good to find lost items - especially fairly expensive ones! LOL I get completely caught up in trying to remember things as well...

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving with your family!

Carolyn Albro said...

Beautiful post! I think it's wonderful that you're doing the dedication ceremony.
Hope you have a blast with the family. It really is nice to get together with everyone. It will be just me, hubby and mom, but it will be a good time.
Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier, I really appreciated your comments. It's nice to "meet" you : )