Saturday, June 16, 2007

Nicolai....

This little guy was REALLY busy and really distracted by the car. But I think I captured a few cute ones! This first one is my fave, b/c he was quite the little ham...









******** Still Learning********
I also learned about the Sponge Tool for these proofs. (Yes, I admit, I don't know everything, LOL!) When I was proofing, I kept noticing these over-saturated color casts... an over abundance of yellows in his face and TOO much greens in the grass.


So someone mentioned that I try the sponge tool set at Desaturation at 8% and then lightly stroking the area. It worked! (If you try it be careful you don't lose too much skin tone!) Here is the before....


I also learned that photoshop compresses the image in order to fit in on your screen. So to get an accurate representation of the picture, you need to view it at 100% - when it is huge. The 'splotches' are likely just what happens to certain areas of a picture when they are compressed so tightly to fit on your screen. The issue is much better if you look at the picture in PS at 25%, 50% or 75% or 100%. It's the in-between viewing sizes that can cause problems.

****************

How would ya'll like a "Photo Tip Friday" for a while? I've been thinking about doing this for a little bit. Maybe a photoshop tip one week, a Photography tip the next, and so on... would ya'll be interested?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tips! I think a regular tip feature would be very helpful. And the photos are gorgeous - what a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! And great tip thanks!

JennStar said...

I think that photo tip friday is a great idea- Lord know that I could use them!! Super cute shots of that little boy, too!!! Great job!

Cathy Pascual said...

beautiful pics!
and a great tip!
thanks for sharing!

Alicia said...

Photo Tip Friday would be wonderful! I stop by daily but don't always comment but love your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for photo tip Friday!

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom said...

Great tip, and yes, please keep them coming! :)

Amy Covey said...

What a cutie! You captured some great expressions.

I LOVE the idea of photo tip Friday. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

By the way, is the b&w your own conversion, or did you use an action? I'm really, really trying to perfect my b&w conversions...so I'm really interested in everyone's techniques.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos
Great Tips
Photo Tip Friday sounds great!

Robin said...

I'd love some photo tips.

I enjoy looking at your blog. Your photos are beautiful and fun.

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

I would LOVE that (I am kind of a lurker to your blog)! I purchased photoshop (about 6 months ago) but it really intimates me!

Jenna said...

I vote YES on the photo tips! That would be fantastic!

Kristy Skoy said...

I vote YES!! I would love tips for photos. Thanks for sharing your great Ideas.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Love the faces he makes, what a cutie!

Sounds like a great idea for a photo tip Friday. I'm finally figuring out how to use my camera better.

Kim said...

I would love that!!!!! You know I would!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! I am sooo excited. these are the tips I have REALLY been needing. ican't wait. Thanks