Saturday, May 12, 2007

Two Months....

Lookie who's two months young now? Lucas has completely lost his newborn look... in fact he really has chunked up and become "all baby" LOL!




I am so tickled with myself! I finally got around to scrapping a couple pages! Its only been 9 weeks right? LOL~ here are my first couple layouts for Lucas~



Michelle Coleman's Chelsea's Dream paper, ScrapArtist Simple Pleasure's buttons, tag, and frame, Amber Clegg's stamped hearts, Nancie Rowe Janitz's stamped dates, Holly McCaig's stitched alpha, and Natalie Braxton's Big Ribbon. Batik font.

Journaling reads "who knew something so small would take up so much room in my heart?"


Sonbird Avenue's Folk Art kit by Jan Crowley, Meredith Fenwick, and Shabby Princess. Pea Jenny & P22 Dearest Swash Fonts.

Journaling reads: When we first met, I was so overwhelmed to see you. You looked so tiny to be making all of that noise! But once you were laid on my chest you quieted down, and then nuzzled in. You were mine, my new boy, we had been waiting a long time for you. And here you were just looking at me with all the wisdom of the world. It was like you were telling me, “I’m here, and now the adventure can begin.”
****************

Today Seth gave me a wonderful early Mother's Day present. He ruined Lucas' baby book. He found a pen and scribbled everywhere, on every surface! On Lucas' ultrasounds, on my pictures, all over the pages! Lucas' footprints from in the hospital... the signatures of his visitors, all things I can't recreate! I was beyond livid. In fact, I offered him up for sale over at the Digi Chick.
The only solution we can come up with is to get a new baby book for Lucas, and me start over.
The stuff that I can't recreate, I'll just have to cut out of the old book and paste into the new. (GAG. I don't want too... but the old book is beyond ruined.)


6 comments:

Bretta said...

Oh Andrea! I would've been beyond livid too! I mean it's one thing when your toddler writes a huge permanent marker R on chair cushion...that's replaceable, but those irreplaceable things...sigh, all I can say is someday you and Seth will probably laugh and shake your heads over it when you are looking through Lucas' book! Seth had his input! :o)

Your pictures and layouts are beautiful. I can't believe he's two months old already!

Happy Mother's Day, Beautiful!

Jess said...

OH..... gosh....

I am SO sorry about Lucas' book! I would have cried and cried. :( I hope you're able to re-create at least some of it...

I love your new pages! I can't believe Lucas is two months old ALREADY! He is gorgeous. Those big blue eyes! WOW~

Happy mother's day!

Tori said...

Just think Seth needed to write his brother a letter..
Think you might need to get him a scratch tablet. Hope you find a solution.
Cant believe he is 2 months..wow..time flies doesnt it?

Kristin said...

Man, that sucks. I would be so sad.

On a happier note, what a cutie. My 2 month old chunker has the exact same monkey suit. Love Old Navy. My 2 year old insisted we buy it before the new baby was born.

Kimberly said...

Oh no! What a bummer about the baby book. Lucas will give Seth a hard time about it when they are older. ;0)
Adorable pictures. Lucas really has grown!

Anonymous said...

Please don't redo the baby book or change a thing -- as sad as you are (okay, mad), it's a part of your family history. Keep it as is and go from there. A little while from now -- when the dust settles -- you'll be glad you saved it. Take it from me -- BTDT...