Sunday, May 27, 2007

Our Anniversary....

I can hardly believe how fast 6 years have passed by! Then again, in another sense it has seemed like Nate and I have been together an eternity too, LOL!


We decided to take the boys to the Pittsburgh Zoo on Saturday so that we could visit the "aminals."


Yep, Seth wore his Monkey Harness. I know this is a hot topic over at DST. We don't use it often, but I knew the zoo would be very crowded on a Saturday. Seth wouldn't think anything of it to go wander off on his own. But I also use it sometimes because I am so afraid someone will snatch him up away from us.



Seth's face when Nate showed up with our lunch, LOL! I wish you could see this picture much closer... Seth's eyes are so pretty. They are a mix of brown and hazel, not quite one or the other.


And speaking of eyes... Lil' Lucas has some pretty ones too! They look like his daddy's! Aren't those cheeks so kissable?

OK, this next picture is of a Dragon Sea Horse.... holy, these were creepy! This thing is alive and just swimming around! How would you like one of these bumping into your legs at the beach?




Here's one of Sethro and I....

These next couple pictures are so much fun! They have this new Polar Bear exhibit, and this "tunnel" through their swimming pool. As we were walking through a bear was literally swimming right on top of us!




And just because he's cute!

But really, the day was about us....




We had a babysitter lined up so we could go to dinner by ourselves. Seriously, I think it was before Christmas the last time we had been alone together, LOL! We headed to Olive Garden and just ate like kings. We shared calamari, Nate had the Pork Filettino, I had the Stuffed Chicken Marsala (minus icky mushrooms) and we finished by sharing a Tiramisu.

As for Anniversary gifts, we didn't do anything big at all. Nate got his coveted chocolate Cayman Crocs, and he let me buy a new bathing suit last night. I was actually pleasantly surprised by this Target Suit~



Target Suit

It hid my post-baby flaws, and I love those mother of pearl buttons!

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. We head out to Nate's family's for a cook out. They always do it right, and we always have a great time. I'm taking my easy Snicker's Salad~

Snicker Salad

Chop up a few Granny Smith apples.

Chop up a couple Snickers candy bars.

Add some peanuts.

Cream together 1 brick of cream cheese and 1/2 c caramel. Stir everything together.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast!!

and yummmy on that salad :) I'm soo going to have to try it

(I also want a peek at your Aroz con Pollo when you make it!!)

Joy said...

I think it is a wonderful thing using the harness.. I tell you I would love to have had one when my babies were little.. I would rather that.. then something happen to them.

Your picture are awesome as usual.. The one of you and hubby is sooo cute. Happy Anniversary.

Theresa said...

Happy anniversary!!! We're up for eight years this August. i love that new suit. I may have to check it out. The post twin belly will NEVER be the same without surgery.

You know, i was so anti-harnass before Mattea ducked under the bathroom stall at a football game and took off out of the bathroom and down into the bowels of the stadium before I could even button up my jeans and get out of the stall. Every child is different, every parent is different. to me, my child's safety is the single most important thing in the world. A few stares from strangers or even family are totally irrelevant compared to what could happen. Not worth it!

Anonymous said...

You look so awesome! You do NOT look like you have a new baby. Glad you had a nice anniversary.

Brittany said...

I saw your TOOT! at DST about your running--man, girl. You DO NOT look like you just had a baby! (Let alone 2!) You look fab!

(And I also think that you and Nate looked just perfect in that photo--not too matchy-matchy but still like a couple.)

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Your trip to the zoo looks like you all had a blast, and those pictures of the boys and their eyes are beautiful. You and your hubby are a very beautiful couple. Oh and I love that suit!!!!!!!
I have never seen it at our Target so maybe I will have to copy you and order it online.

Kimberly said...

Oh, that salad sounds yummy! I may have to make it soon.
Cute pictures, looks like lots of fun.
Aren't those sea dragons crazy looking. I have a picture of one, but it's completly blended in with the plants, you can hardly see it.

Across the Miles Photography said...

First off...you look AMAZING!!!! I really should get my butt in gear and run some, too! I love the zoo pics!

And...snicker salad is one of the most requested things that I bring to church potlucks! :)