Friday, April 27, 2007

Thoughts....

Are any of ya'll Tara Whitney fans? I really enjoy her blog and I really enjoy her wonderful photography. She has really been the one to inspire me the past year or so.

Well, if you read down her blog a bit you'll see that she shares an impactful story about a family who lost their newborn son, because his foot tangled in his umbilical cord.


Its really just had me thinking the past few days... see~ remember Lucas' cord was wrapped in a knot, and we didn't discover it until after his birth. The story Tara shared makes me realize just how serious it could have been, and now Lucas is even more precious to me.

And on a related note, have any of you seen the new Gerber Baby commercial? The one where the women are laboring and giving birth? Then Gerber closes by saying they are "proud that they come in a strong second for working hard for babies"? That commercial makes me cry.

every. time.

7 comments:

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Thanks for sharing the story and links. It is such a hard thing. I just finished painting a picture for a couple who have lost 2 babies. It's hard to know what words to give to bring comfort. It truly reminds us all to be thankful for our blessings and also, to reach out in love and be more aware.

Shawna said...

What a sad story, but how sweet that they named him after his big brother! Definitely makes me thankful for the 2 blessings I already have & the one that is about to enter our lives :)

Kim said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that, and also for introducing me to her website, the strength in some people, I swear I don't know how they pull through, just absolutely amazing.

Nathalie, eNKay Design said...

My DS had his cord around his neck, thankfully very loose! Amazing how these people pull through and get this strenght to it - I wish them all the best.

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom said...

Your not giving yourself enough credit. Your photo skills are amazing!

Shannon Bieger said...

That commercial makes me cry too.

Praise God for his protection over Lucas!!

Angela said...

I am the same way Andrea. After I had my baby I always cried at the coffee commercials. Lol It is great having a heart like ours isnt it? :o)