Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Crocs Have Landed....

In the mail a few days ago we recieved a pair of Lime-Green Cayman Crocs for a certain little 2.5 yr old at our house.

Can I tell you..... Seth is in LOVE with his new shoes! He hasn't taken them off, LOL! He wore them all day and then insisted in wearing them to bed. I took this below picture at about 11 pm, while Seth was sweetly snoring.


After I took the pic, I quietly removed the shoes and put them on the floor. At about 6 am, Seth woke up and started screaming. He wanted his shoes! LOL~ he was so upset that they weren't in the bed anymore.

Since then he has worn them everywhere! He tried wearing them to church too, but I was able to talk him into his cowboy boots at least.

And here he is, just yesterday afternoon~



LOL~ Can you tell Daddy dressed him for the day? In a shirt too small. Now, I do believe that Seth was the one who unsnapped the Onsie.
And just b/c I can't leave him out... look who loves his Pooh Mobile? LOL~ doesn't it look like Lucas is going "YAY!"



And here is sweet Lucas at one month old. I'm telling you, this baby boy has really chubbed up the last week, and he's lost a lot of that newborn look. His One month Checkup is tomorrow and I am anxious about hearing his weight. (This is his first checkup... our Ped doesn't do the one or two week check like most docs do.)






****************
In my personal world, I am feeling stressed out. Taxes are due today, and we are getting them in the mail as I type. We owe, again, but thats not really a surprise b/c Nate is considered Self Employed. This is where its a bit discouraging being Clergy... our taxes are so complicated. We are considered Slef Employed... even though a church employs us. We also live in a Parsonage (a house that belongs to the church ) that is a perk and benifit to us, yet we have to pay taxes on that. Uggg.
I am also stressed b/c Nate is leaving for 3 days and nights for Prayer Conference in Pittsburgh. He was gone for a few days last week too, and it is hard work to mind after a toddler and a newborn by myself so long.
***************

I posted this a couple different places, but in case you missed it.....


I know that the country is focused on the terrible tradgedy that happened at VA Tech yesterday....
and when I called my mom (In MD) to talk about it, she mentioned another story making headlines in Baltimore. I wish it was National News too, b/c How SAD and Heartbreaking is this?
Some MONSTER went to a playground and poured Sulfuric Acid on a slide. And then a sweet little 2 or 3 yr old boy slid down the slide, and is now in the Hossy with 3rd degree burns on his bum and "other" area.
This really makes me ill and so sad! My mom warned me to check the slide before we let our son go down, and I warn you to do the same. Just make sure it is dry!
Here is the newspaper story on it~

**************
Scrap-Related~ I have a huge and fantastic Collection Idea! Just letting you know that something neat is coming your way... ;)

15 comments:

JennStar said...

CROCS ROCK!!! They finally make 2 smaller sizes, so Henry has a pair fo green Mickey crocs. Jack has the same green crocs that Seth is wearing. And sheepishly, I admit that we wear ours to church! But hey, we're a non-denominational, seaker-sensavtive type church were most wear jeans or khaki's with a t-shirt or polo. Par for the course! LOL!
That's terrible about the creep/slide thing. How is one's mind so twisted to even come up with something like that, let alone DO THAT!!!

Tracey said...

Those pics are sooooo adorable!!!! Love your banner too!!!

ymA said...

Oh, those crocs rock! My 5 year old want orange sandles. They may have to be crocs -lol. Lovely photos.

Courtney said...

That is so sad about the slide. Where we used to live a sick girl was putting broken glass in the sand at various playgrounds. I will never understand why someone would knowlingly hurt an innocent child.

X said...

your boys are so cute- love that he's sleeping in the crocs!

That story about the slide just makes me so sick, I can't believe someone would do something like that.

Melissa said...

Lucas looks so sweet! And those crocs are cracking me up!

I totally get where you're coming from on the self-employed clergy. My DH is a full-time youth minister and we just moved into the parsonage so we're definitely paying out the wazoo in taxes as well.

Kelly said...

Those pictures with the shoes were so great! We have the same thing happening here with a pair of fire truck boots which have made it to church once or twice. :)

The park story must have made some sort of national news because I heard about it here in Idaho. So scary!

debsdesignz said...

That is hillarious! I have a pair of Crocs and I wear them all the time...nope not to bed, don't think DH would like that too much! :) LOL I love the pics; they are so sweet. I LOVE that CocaCola bench (or whatever it is). It's beautiful! Our kitchen and dining room is done in Coke stuff. I'd love to find something like that! Glad all is going well. Lucas is too precious! I'll tell Jared and Megan to come check out your blog so they can see the new addition! :) Have a great day!

Petra said...

those crocs are so cool and the look so dran comfy..Might have to buy them for work...LOL!

Lucas looks adorable and I think he´s going yay, just for this photo...lol! Too cute, and the one with that big teddybear...so sweet!!

And yes, I saw you post at DST forums...who would do such a thing..that poor little boy!!

Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

I love the Crocs!! My son has the army green ones and he loves them, wants to wear them all the time. Lucas looks adorable!!! That is a horrible story about the slide. What is wrong with people?

Anonymous said...

OMG how cute is he w/ the crocs (now do tell where you got them... none of the ones I have seen locally to me seem very "soft" or comfortable.

Lucas is adorable and what amazing pictures... Love, Love the one in the crib!!!

brooke said...

Hey, Andrea!! i am so excited for you and Nate on the new addition in your home. Lucas is just adorable. Seth has grown so much...my goodness he is so cute. I really enjoyed reading about them. It is fun to see (as much as you can through a blog) where you are in life now. So I was coming on here to ask you if the youth group is planning on going to LIFE. I will probably be helping out some for it. It would be fun to get together if you are coming down.

Anonymous said...

Lucas is getting so big!! And I love Seth's shoes. I have a black pari I wear to work w/ my scrubs. They are so comfy! Thanks so much for the announcement and the family picture. I will have to update the picture frame on the mantel w/ the new ones. Have you sent the album to your grandparents yet? Hope all is well. Try not to stress out too much!! Take care.

Anonymous said...

LOL - grandma bought my girls some last week and they haven't worn ANYTHING else since then! They came home with crocs covered in those jibbits....good lord!! She's welcome to spend her money on that stuff - I will NEVER spend $3/each for those things! That's crazy! I saw that lady on Oprah - I can't believe some of the things people invent and get RICH from!

Anonymous said...

such cute pics! love the shoes! your babies are beautiful!