Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

I love Spring & Summer. I'd love it even more if they ever decide to show up, LOL!

On this gloomy Good Friday it is currently 30* and snowing. I've never in my life before seen a snowy Good Friday. It is supposed to extend till Sunday, so I guess the Easter Egg hunt Gramma has planned for the kiddos might be inside... then again, maybe it'll be a neat memory if we take it outside, LOL!

Another reason I love Spring & Summer, are the skirts! YAY! I am very much a girly girl (if you haven't noticed by now, LOL!) and like to dress the part... when I actually leave the house. The last couple years I have very much been into wearing skirts during the summer. One, they are comfy and you instantly look pulled and put together. Two, shorts are really an unattractive piece of clothing! For me anyways.. they are just not flattering to my body type.

So, THANKS to my mom who gifted me with a bit o' post-partum-new-clothes-money and a gift card I already had for The Gap, I got the following the other day~




LOVE this stuff! I am ALL about the white skirt and the orange & yellow!
Want to know something funny? I had just gotten my Bath & Body Works mailer, and saw this purse~
Oh my word!! It totally matches my new outfits I got, and it is so cute and summery to boot. The best part? It was free! All I had to do was order ANYTHING on their website, and the bag (with some samples inside) was a promotional freebie with the code FREE4U . Go ahead and use it for yourself! I bought some Warm Vanilla Sugar & Mandarin Mango Bubble Baths. (We love bubble baths in the Burns house, and our B&BW had been out of these scents since before Christmas!)
Speaking of Purses... here is my current Princess Purse Insert that I am sporting in my Memory Purse~



****************
On this Good Friday, I pray that we all take time to remember and reflect what this day means. The sacrifice that our good Lord Jesus made on our behalf, just so that we might have a lifetime with Him later in Heaven.
I encourage you to spend some time in prayer today, thanking Jesus Christ for that gift of salvation, and repenting for wrongs we may have done Him.
Blessings to you all!

7 comments:

Sara E said...

gosh..you always have the cutest purses.....the new pics are adorable!!!!!

Trish said...

Oh yeah! I am a skirt girl, too!
Love your inserts for the memory purse - adorable!

I scrolled down and found the link to your photography website. Great job - I love what you did with it!

Angela said...

Hi Andrea! :o)
I love the idea of skirts. I am very girly as well but tend to usually only wear skirts on special occasions. I am starting to feel uncomfortable in shorts more and more lately and think wearing mostly skirts is a great idea. If you might remember, I work for Gap.com and think I may have to check out more of what we offer at Gap and Old Navy as far as the skirts go. :o) I love your memory purse insert. It is so feminine and soft. :o) I am a handbag addict so I just may have to check out that free offer at bath and body. Do you know how long the promo last? I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter weekend. God Bless,
Angela

Mrs. Burns said...

Angela! Go for it! I bet you get a great discount, LOL! (You must share Friends & Family discounts with me, purty please, LOL!)

I think the purse freebie at B&BW was till it ran out, so go hurry! :o)

Angela said...

Yes I do get a great discount.. and yes I will remember you at every friends and family. :o) I think we should be having one remotely soon too. :o)

Natalie said...

Oh, you're going to make me want one of those memory purses! Wonderful pictures, as always!

JennStar said...

I was just haivng a conversation with Jack (yes, the 4 year old) about what today means for us. It's always refreshing to look at things through his eyes- it makes me simplify it and brings a fresh breath of life to what we believe.
And thank you for that code! I didn't know that they had product online, now! Whew-hoo!! Happy Easter to me- my DH could use some more bubble bath (call it a similarity between our homes!)
Love your new inserts!! So beautiful!!