Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Disappointed....

Ok~ So I took Lucas to A Picture People yesterday.

(sigh)

I should have known better. BUT~ I don't have lights and backdrops, and I wanted my new little one's "official" photos to go up and be similar to Seth's first photo's KWIM?

Anyways, the pics were NOT that great. Thier whites were pretty hot, and they caught alot of weird faces that Lucas made... along with chopped limbs and edges of the blanket exposed, and their close ups of his face were waaaay too dark b/c the "photog" (HA!) cast a shadow.

I do admit that I did buy a pose, just to get his pic up on the wall next to Seth. But I am mad b/c of these poor quality pics, and I can't afford my own light system yet, NOR afford the kind of photographer who is quality, KWIM?

So I am going to try and recreate what I REALLY wanted today.

A photog aquaintance told me to "to the chalk board and write 100 times..... I will never give money to the picture people again......."

LOL!

Yesterday wasn't a total bust. Old Navy was having a great sale and I picked up 3 shirts for $30. I am loving that flowy empire/ kimono shirts are in style right now! Perfect for post-partum bodies!

And on that note, I had my 6 week post-partum check up yesterday, and am all clear for everything! RUNNING here I come! I start today. I plan on running one mile and speed walking a second. I'll do this for 2 weeks and add another mile to it.

I stuck a Running Updater over to the right, so ya'll can keep up... and hopefully keep me motivated! I have got to shed 15 lbs by July. Totally doable!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya girl! PP totally stinks. We go to Sadies now and they are much better. We have the same photg each time we go (we request her because she's decent) and they shoot with digital, so we get crisp pics. So much better than what PP think that they're doing over there. *Sigh* Good luck recreating today!

Kim said...

I dont understandy why you would need to take your children to a photographer, even without that stuff you take BEAUTIFUL pics!

Anonymous said...

I totally know where you're coming from. Even if I could buy backdrop and lighting equipment I have nowhere to set it up in our tiny house! I can't wait to see what you come up with though!! I'm sure it will be fabulous. :)

Cherie Shields said...

I sometimes wonder where they find the people that take such awful photos to work at those kids photography places! My sister still uses them (but only with free coupons *lol* so never pays them a cent) I had to have a giggle about her last free visit - they wanted to take more close-ups of my newborn nephew. My sis told them not to waste their time as her sister had already taken them *lol* I am a serious amatuer and take better shots.

I love your photos - every photographer is contantly learning - even the ones you are in awe of :)

Anonymous said...

LOL maybe they would let you use your camera and their back drop? =)

I totally take pictures because I love to and totally understand what you are talking about...

Now how about scanning that baby in and showing us what it looks like!!! =)

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! I take pics for people occasionally but my main job is SAHM so I can't justify the cost for an indoor studio. I've gone to PP and I feel like such a fraud paying someone to do what I charge others for. I have this mommy guilt that says I need to have "professional" pics in addition to the million I already take. But I can honesty say that your pics ARE professional. You do a fabulous job and someday your kids are going to thank you for all your time and effort!
Meg

Unknown said...

I used to work at PP and though I had experience and didn't need a lot of training, they give hardly any over there...to kids who don't know what they're doing! That being said, I go there every few months with the boys and the local one here doesn't do too bad. Congrats on the running! I've started the elliptical at the gym, I did 4 miles in 45 minutes yesterday and I feel great!!