Thursday, December 22, 2005

Santa Clause is Comin' to Town...


Santa is coming, and I am so excited! For the last, oh lets say, 350 days I have been drooling over a new camera. Not just any camera, mind you, the Nikon D70s. I shot for years and years with my 35mm Nikon N90s, and currently with my husband's digital Fuji Finepix S3100. But I have to tell you, this is THE camera of cameras! 6 mp's, spot-metering matrix, lovely saturated colors.... ooh, aahh. This camera has won all sorts of awards. Photo Trade News~ Top Product of the Year, Popular Photographer~ Camera of The Year, American Photo~ Editor's Choice... I can go on and on. Santa is also bringiong me a 50 mm lens, which will be so lovely for shallow depth of field, portraits, and its faster in low light, ei. weddings. I can't wait! I have also asked for a SB600 speedlight, and a Velocity 7 Slingback pack. Its going to be a very Merry Christmas indeed!

Now mind you, I have never had such a Christmas like this one. Santa (wink) and I have been saving for a year, and I didn't get anything for my Birthday. But I am a shutter bug, and if I am going to start a small Photog business here at home, I need professional gear.

Busy day planned! I am baking a couple loaves of Cranberry Nut Bread~ a family holiday tradition. Here is the recipe~ YUMM!

Cranberry Nut Bread

5 c self rising flour
2 c sugar
8 T margerine
2 c milk
2 eggs
1 c chopped nuts
1 pkg cranberries, chopped

Oven 350 degrees. Mix margerine, flour, and sugar. Add milk and eggs and mix until dampened. Stir in nuts and cranberries. Turn into 2 Pam-sprayed loaf pans and bake 60-70 min.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your banner!

CoNgRaTs on the camera. Now come give me some lessons on all that terminology!

ksharonk said...

Hi Andrea ... found your blog through The Digi Chick. A new camera? Wow ... I have a Canon 330D but have been looking longingly at the Nikon D70 as well! I'll be checking back to see some of your photographic work on your blog! Till then, Merry Christmas! :)