Tuesday, December 20, 2005

mmm... Ham and Cheese Omelette.....

Have you ever been to a Waffle House? I mean, a truly, honest-to-goodness Southern Waffle House? Where homeade tattoos run amok, the air is so thick with smoke, and you still eat your eggs after you watched the cook sneeze in them? Man! If you haven't~ well you just haven't lived yet! We used to go from time to time when we still lived in GA. NO ONE can make a ham and cheese omelette like Waffle House can, they are absolutely the best. Anyways... so we moved up here to PA 2 and a half years ago. No Waffle Houses to be found in Amish country. But then, last week, we spot a sign 30 min from home... could it be? YESSSSS! So we stop in for breakfast, I have desperately been craving my omelette. As soon as we walk in, all the waitstaff yelles "HELLO" and "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" I am flabergasted.. where is the smoke? And wait~ everyone in here looks young, healthy, and they have ALL of their teeth! What is going on? I didn't even see homeade tattoos. But I will tell you this... I loved me some ham and cheese omelette and hashbrowns smothered in ketchup! Maybe Manda can tell me if the WH's and HH's down south have cleaned up...

3 comments:

Scrappygirl2u said...

Oh my gosh! Too funny! A friend of mine was visiting in the south this past summer & wanted to eat at a Mom & Pop kinda place & when she told me it was Wafflehouse I fell out on the floor laughing. After they left they proceeded to see them on almost every block! LOL

Anonymous said...

Uhmm..NO, the WH's & HH's have certainly NOT cleaned up. I think it's safe to say they just sleep in the floor of the kitchen every night instead of heading home for a shower. WH used to be the place we would go at like..3:15am when we still had kind of a buzz..but were sober enough to know the difference between a hunger pain and an urge to hurl. It is for all these reasons, that I don't eat at those places anymore. :)

Unknown said...

I haven't been to one, but there is one near my ILs' house down in Tucson AZ. They go every Sunday morning, apparently. I hear we are getting one up here in LV too!! I hear they have AWESOME omelettes!!