Monday, March 09, 2009

MVF Art Fair

Our local Arts & Crafts Fair was this past weekend. I submitted the color photo of Seth at the piano in the angel wings (on my Session Details page on my website) and the B&W pic of the boys, where Lucas is biting Seth's nose (in my banner above). Last year I got First Place for the dog/ truck photo. However this year I entered under the Pro category, last year I was just 25+. So I thought I'd be up against stiffer competition.

I got 2 Second Places in the Pro category, and a judge sought me out to personally tell me he enjoyed my angel/ piano picture. Both 1st Places were landscapes... in fact mine were the ONLY human portraits in the Pro categories... I'll step it up for next year. ;)




You can see the first place winners right next to mine, both landscapes. The "Best in Show" for Photography was horse hooves.... lol.

What's funny, is that on a whim I entered Nate's little jewelry box he made... and he took home the 1st Place in the 25+ category for Crafts... LOL!!!



A couple other images from this weekend....



A little less than 6 weeks left....

11 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats on the wins!!!

Denise aka wererich said...

That's AWESOME! Congratulations. I love both of those photos.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your photos - they are wonderful, and of course should have been first!

MEI said...

Congrats ... they are both great photos. I actually thought of you over the weekend when we drove past the sign advertising the fair.

Anonymous said...

Your photography is beautiful. I am not surprised that you won in any place. :o) I would love to see some nature photographs done by you as well. :o) BTW, Thursday starts Gaps Friends and Family. Email me if you would like another online code for give and get. :o)

Angela
altlcountryheart@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

congratulations! I am in love with all!

Dawnree said...

COngrats to you! that is wonderful! Love your photos and the baby room is looking so cute.

audrey neal said...

congrats on the wins! lovely work, as always. can't wait to see the nursery all put together...looks like a busy weekend.

Becky said...

Congrats on your photos--they are both so sweet! You look great!! it will be here before you know it!

Gen said...

Yay for you, Andrea! I'm proud of you...and Nater too! The pink paint looks great on baby girl's bedroom walls. I can't wait to see it for real (with her in it)...I got the beads for the completion of your mother's bracelet today...perfection ;)

Unknown said...

COngrats! your photography is so amazing and inspiring!
Congrats to hubby,too!