Saturday, February 21, 2009

Great Recent Books

Since Christmas I have read some fabulous books. Totally engrossing story lines that kept me gripped to the edge of my pillow every night before bed.


The Heretic's Daughter

Its the story of the Salem witch trials... told through the eyes of a convicted woman's daughter. Very interesting! The author is an actual descendant. It was very well written, and well researched. I really enjoyed it, and don't think you'll be disappointed.



Skeletons at the Feast

An enthralling story about the end of WWII. Russia has invaded Poland, so a young german girl marches across wintry Poland with her Scottish POW lover, and a German soldier who in reality is an undercover Jew. Fascinating and tear inducing many times. I will warn you that there are some graphic war scenes.





The Hunger Games

Basically, its post-apocalyptic America, and once a year they have these Hunger Games... and a young girl and the boy who loves her, are chosen by Lottery to go and they have to fight to the death. Only one is allowed to live.


Firefly Lane

I just started this... a total chick lit book. The story of two friends over 30 years, and all of their ups and downs.

And there you have it... four books I promise that will NOT disappoint. Read them, and enjoy them as much as I did. :)

*********************

My sister-in-law recently came to visit, and brought my bee-yoo-tee-ful nieces. Just a couple snaps....



To see more of each niece, head on over to My Photo Blog! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I don't know how many years are gone since I read a book which is not child-related LOL - love those photos andrea!

Unknown said...

Did you see there is a new Jodi Piccoult? Harvesting the Heart. I just started it.

Anonymous said...

wowwww gorgeous photography too!!

MEI said...

Beautiful photos! I read the Heretic's Daughter too. Fabulous read.

Knapp Scraps said...

Thanks for the book info!! I am not a reader but I am in a book club and I have to pick a book soon so I am going to check out The Heretic's Daughter! Totally my style but I think it will fit in with the group too because they dont like cheesy teenage vampire books like I do =) Thanks!

Kirsten said...

Thanks SO MUCH for the books! I'm embarassed to admit, but after 4 years in town I FINALLY got a library card and rediscovered my inner reader. I'm looking for things out of my normal range - and I can't wait to check these out!