Wednesday, October 01, 2008

This First Day of October

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast Cancer is not something that has really touched my life.

Until my sister gave me a call yesterday.

It turns out that now it does touch my life, and in a profound way. Growing up, I had a SUPER lady in my life. She was my Girl Scout leader for years, and also my Youth Group Leader. Almost a second mom in a sense. Her two daughters were close friends of mine, one of them actually a bridesmaid. My sister tells me that she has been diagnosed. Now, I'm not sure to which extent or to what severity... but I do know that they are already making plans to fight it.

Has Breast Cancer affected your life? Want to make a difference?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this on the Today Show this morning. My mom is a 6 yr breast cancer survivor!! She is an amazing woman with a ton of strength and I am so thankful that she is here to watch her granddauthers grow up!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes it has in a very different and unusual way. Prayers for every woman fighting this disease :(

Rachel said...

I know several people who are survivors, and because of them, I got my right breast checked out just this past Monday. I have a benign cyst cluster - but at least I know what it is and I'll get checked regularly!