Monday, September 08, 2008

Burns' at The Beach....

What a wonderful trip.... beautiful weather, all week long. We came home just in time to miss Hurricane Hanna.












We spent every morning in the sand and surf till lunch, and half of the days returning for a couple hours after lunch too. Afternoons were kiddie nap times and grown-up reading time. Evenings were spent shopping, sight seeing, and eating seafood.

I am finally admitting that I am not a sea scallops fan. I've tried them a few times, and just don't enjoy them. I love everything else that swims... but not the jumbo scallops. (I will eat the little ones in pasta!)

Wednesday night our car started overheating. Uh Oh. Nate had to drop it off at a shop on Thursday, and it turns out that our water pump went bad. While it was getting worked on, the timing belt was also replaced. Fixing the car cost more than our Hotel stay.

We returned home on Friday... just in time for the new timing belt to shred to pieces. (Sigh) Sooo... back to the shop again. This time we won't be paying for it though, LOL!

Car problems aside, we had a fabulous time, and really didn't want to come home. Now both Nate and I are staring at projects that need to be completed and are feeling uninspired.

I have started shopping and preparing for a certain little boy's upcoming 4th birthday. More on that later!

9 comments:

Angie (mighty-nice) said...

Your photography is beautiful! I rally love the umbrella in the rain shot - N*I*C*E! I've stopped by to say, "Hi!", courtesy of the blog train. I'd love a visit from you: http://isladeangela.wordpress.com/

Michelle said...

Send me those scallops. I can't get enough jumbo scallops. Great photos.

Anonymous said...

Love those beach shots! The boys look so BIG at the beach! :-)

Anonymous said...

your photography is wonderful. You simply caught the mood of the moment. :)

Kim said...

Beautiful! I was luaghing at the one of Seth with the crab. I am so wishing I had gotten a shot of Colin with the lobsters in Maine. He was absolutely fascinated!

Unknown said...

Fun great shots. Which part do you go to?

Mrs. Burns said...

Raz~ Kitty Hawk! We stay near the Wright Bros. memorial.

Art Photographs said...

Oh you have such a gorgeous family! Looks like you had so much fun!

Kimberly said...

beautiful pictures..looks like everyone had lots of fun.