Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Seven Years in the Making....

Nate and I had a really fabulous anniversary. This anniversary, we didn't really exchange anything. It was really just about US, about our FAMILY.

We started the day by taking the whole Burns clan hiking on a nearby path. Last year we took everyone to the Zoo. Nate and I were talking about how we like the idea of doing something together as a family in the morning, and then date night. It kind of reaffirms what we pledged 7 years ago... commitment, family, unity....

A couple pictures, taken with my remote and a tripod at the side of our house~




Our very first teen-aged babysitter came over around 5 pm and Nate and I scooted out of there. We went to dinner at The Melting Pot. We had a cheese fondue appetizer, the Mojo-based Pacific Rim fondue dinner (with steak, chicken, shrimp, duck, pork, and pot stickers), and the Chocolate-Caramel fondue, with bits of brownie, cheesecake, marshmallows and other fruits and goodies.

It was just delicious! Here we are with our cheese fondue....



Afterwards we went to a movie! I love going to the theater, and when you have kids, that is just a luxury you don't get to experience anymore. We saw Indian Jones & The Crystal Skull.. and it was great. Good ole' classic Indy... with a few surprises.

We had a good night of holding hands and sweet nothings.... LOL! Perfect, I tell you!

5 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Happy Anniversary, you two are an amazingly attractive couple!

So were you drinking a mojito or midori sour? I notice green drinks, midori is my fave!

Charla said...

awww, how sweet! I love it :)

Jen U said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Happy Anniversary and gorgeous photos! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like it was a lovely day for you guys! And ooooh! The Melting Pot!! YUM! I still giggle when I think about yourvideo of the swing ride,lol

Mrs. Burns said...

{mojito}

giggle!