Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Audrey's Portraits....










There is something to be said about shooting your own children... especially shooting your own newborn. Especially when you are post partum and sore. Especially when there are other kids involved.

These images took me 3 days, and there are still more to show you. Googly Moogly, I am tired. I'm a little sad that I didn't get her in her 4 or 5 day newborn goodness, but 10-12 days will have to do.

Adjusting from two to three children hasn't been all that hard. I had a harder time adjust from one to two. I feel like Superwoman, with all of the meals (breakfasts & lunches {dinners are beautifully provided by ladies in my church these last couple weeks}), clothing changes, nursing schedule, nap juggling, and sleep deprivation going on. We have yet to really venture out, but that's OK. I tend to be a germophobe for the first month of any of my baby's lives.

Audrey has been doing OK at night. She'll have two great nights of sleep, eating at 10pm, then not waking till 3 to eat, and then again at 6am. But that third night is the charm, where she'll scream bloody murder and nothing soothes her for two hours.

Seth is still in love with his "Sugar Pie" but Lucas still has his moments. Lucas will ask to "hold it" and then once she's placed in his lap, he says "all done."

Audrey had her 2 week check-up yesterday. She is up to 8 lbs 10 oz. Good girl! They won't see her till 2 mos now... which I find kind of strange. The Dr. says she's perfect, and is predicting blue eyes. My fingers are crossed.

29 comments:

granny1 said...

Beautiful pictures and thank you for sharing them with all of us. It is good to hear that you are all doing well. Hopefully the days ahead will come along nicely but I am sure that you always have plan B in mind. Best wishes to all. Enjoy them all.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the photo of Audrey grinning in her sleep! She is beautiful. . .so glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Love from the Vogels!

Sharyn said...

Oh these are just stunning! She is so beautiful, and with two handsome brothers to set off her beauty, and protect her, she is in the perfect place!

Digi Designz said...

congrats! the pics are amazing! I love the one with the crocheted hat ..sooo stinkin cute and the one of her in the basket with her arm all hangin out! great work as usual and good luck!

Angyla said...

Those are the sweetest photos I have ever seen. Audrey is gorgeous! And that last photo is too precious!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
Oh yes...it`s really stunning!
I like your Blog very much and come you here with pleasure again visit:-)
Many greetings from Germany

gabs said...

OMG she is sooo adorable. you captured her so perfect! I could look at those pics for hours! thank you so much for sharing!

Pam Douglas said...

oh Andrea she is just beautiful. Congratulations and I'm glad everyone is good. what a gorgeous family :)

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!! You did a great job with those pictures! I think she looks like Lucas.

Karidan Kaye said...

Oh my goodness that hair is amazing it is like she has natural highlights already!!! She is sooo beautiful!! Great job on the pictures that is the same thing I think about my baby I didnt get good pictures of him in his first month!!

Lindsay said...

wow! those are great! that hat is too cute! your children are so beautiful!

Anndee said...

Amazing photographs - not withstanding she is your own baby and as you noted the soreness and sleep deprivation. You are incredible.

Unknown said...

I love them all but my favs are of the 3 of them with them kissing her and the one in the hands. Beautiful. tttttttttttttt

TheCatLord said...

simply precious!!!

Anonymous said...

your dauhter is so beautiful. wow, great photos!

amymom24 said...

Andrea - she is gorgeous! Congrats! And I LOVE the photos you took, you are ultra talented:)

Sussell said...

Andrea, You have taken some amazing pictures of Audrey. She is precious in all of them. I especially love the one of her and her big brothers. I am glad to hear that you are adapting well to three. Que Dios te la bendiga siempre.

Michelle said...

Yay! Photos!
She is just gorgeous, Andrea! I love, love, love the last one and love the one in the basket in her nursery!

gini mars photography, the blog said...

she is so beautiful. All that hair!!!! gorgeous!

where did u get the flower headband?

Bryn said...

Oh... that last pic is killer, Andrea. You have such gorgeous children, and LOOK at Audrey!!

Lisa B. said...

She is SO yummy..and so much hair! She'll have a ponytail before she's a year old. Congratulations!

Angelina Schwarz said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I've been checking all week to see how you all have been doing! :)

dawn said...

Heck Andrea - these photo's are amazing... and bless her for being such an adorable model so young - she better get used to it LOL xx

cherie said...

she's so gorgeous!!

Jen said...

She is beautiful! My son was born just two days before :)

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I can't get over Audrey's hair! I have a feeling she's going to have alot of good hair days! congrat's love your blog and photography!

Dani Alencar said...

First of all I wanna say YOU ARE A SUPERWOMAN... I'd never handle 3 kids at home. LOL

Your babies are so cute and I love your photos!

Sinead said...

Gorgeous photos, Andrea! I'm having someone take Molly's photos on Sunday(around the 12 day mark, too), but I just don't feel up to taking them myself. Maybe I'll try a few in the morning...we'll see. ;)

Valerie said...

I absolutely love your work. What type of post processing do you do on photos like these? They are gorgeous.