Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Still Here....


Look who started soccer over the weekend. First, it was brutally cold... just so very windy. And before you give me the Worst Mom of The Year award, my son wasn't the only one in his shorts that morning, lol. He did warm up after they ran around some.

Practice was hilarious. The coach was really great with all of the kids... he made everything a fun game, while still teaching basics. Seth was so funny when it came to dribbling the ball down field to make a goal... he'd get 3 feet in front of the goal, and then pick the ball up for the rest of the way! Seth had a great time, and that what counts!

I went on to shoot two sessions that afternoon, and a 3rd session Sunday afternoon. I was exhausted, let me tell you. I still have 2 sessions left this weekend, before I go on "maternity leave."

*************************

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday.

I am a fingertip dilated, but my cervix is still long. When the Dr was taking her heartbeat, she smiled and said, feel this~ and put my hand on my belly. Sugar was "practicing her breathing" and we could feel and see her taking her breaths while I was on my back. It was subtle, but really cool. The Dr says that this is a great sign that she is healthy and all is well.

She thinks I still have a good week at least, which is fine, I wanted to keep her in till Easter. But I am very aware that my time is getting much closer. My actual Due Date is the 27th, but I was early with both of the boys so we will see.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Soccer at that age is a hoot, isn't it? I'm glad he had a good time. That's what it should be all about.

Good luck with the end of your pregnancy. Enjoy! I wish we could bottle up that feeling of the baby kicking. Miss that feeling! But we're done at 4. The van is full, as my DH likes to say. :)

Lorie M Designs said...

wow! wonderful photos! they are all beautiful!

Gen said...

Yay! Sugar needs her own birthday, so I'm rooting that you go early--between Apri 19th & the 26th ;) A special girl deserves a day all to herself! You're in my prayers & I think about you everyday!

Unknown said...

Fabulous photo!! I so wish I could take photos like you do! Can't wait to see pics of the newest member to come!

Molly said...

Seth looks so adorable in his soccer stuff! What a beautiful photo...

audrey neal said...

that picture is just TOO cute -- and there's nothing funnier than watching them "play" soccer at that age. But it's great to watch how much they learn as they keep playing.

kitty said...

love the photo! so cute! ;)

dawn said...

So exciting you're almost there Andrea - I so wish I penned my memories at those times :) Loving the photo of your soccer boy - he's so flippin cute

Gina said...

Any day now... good luck!